Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing BB and Home phone

FIXED
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Renewing BB and Home phone

@susanm wrote:
So , as PN have offered me an 18 month BB and home package phone ( anytime / unlimited )from 31st March can I assume I will be OK for the next 18 months and then after 18 months and prior to contract ending find myself another provider .? This would be easier for me and give me another 18months to understand these changes .

This would be my choice. I would confirm this by ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 who will do the necessary. Note that they will need to talk to the account holder. Note that the new contract will start straight away, not from the end of the current contract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

aks100
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks, no she does not get any benefits.

susanm
Dabbler

"Note that the new contract will start straight away, not from the end of the current contract."

Re the above text copied from Baldrick saying if I renew now the new contract starts immediately surely its best I wait until last week in March as my contract ends 31st. I thought it would start at end of contract .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thought it's worth me noting that if a contract is renewed over the phone, it'll begin on the next billing date. If renewed online, then more often than not, it'll start the next working day as @Baldrick1 says. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@susanm wrote:

... as PN have offered me an 18 month BB and home package phone ( anytime / unlimited )from 31st March can I assume I will be OK for the next 18 months and then after 18 months and prior to contract ending find myself another provider .? This would be easier for me and give me another 18months to understand these changes .

@susanm wrote:

...  if I renew now the new contract starts immediately surely its best I wait until last week in March as my contract ends 31st. I thought it would start at end of contract .

Another way of considering this is, after 18 months time when you have had time to "understand these changes",  would it be better for you to be 'upgrading' your broadband package and converting your phone to VoIP, in July 2025 or September 2025 ?.

Alternatively, you still have more than eleven weeks until your existing contract expires, plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements, and have the inevitable decision done and dusted and off your mind, rather than wait until the final months before the old telephone switch-off, when there could be a mad rush for all those late converters trying to buying VoIP phones or VoIP adaptors, etc.

susanm
Dabbler

Thankyou you have helped me make a decision I really appreciate your advice . I shall renew this week .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@susanm  - You are very welcome !

Come back to this topic in summer 2025 to ask again what your options are to 'upgrade', as the possible alternatives are likely to have changed for the better over 18 months, and hopefully your choices will become clearer, and easier to implement.

Wishing you well, and hope that your 'renewal' goes without complication 🙂

Mark63
Rising Star

My mother is in the same situation, she is with Plusnet, contract expires in April 2025. She has an all inclusive call package, so her monthly bill is about 37/mth.

At the moment, based on today's pricing she would be better off with Zen. Up to 40 Megs FTTC with their 1000 mins/mth call in house 'VoIP' package for 32/mth.

Could all change by April 2025, but I'd be happier to be using Zen for her, than BT

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@Mark63 wrote:

At the moment, based on today's pricing she would be better off with Zen. Up to 40 Megs FTTC with their 1000 mins/mth call in house 'VoIP' package for 32/mth.

Could all change by April 2025, but I'd be happier to be using Zen for her, than BT

Zen customer service seems to have dropped from 'outstanding' to 'appalling' in the last year or so, check Trustpilot for some perspective.

Customer service has always been poor here on PN, leaving things pretty much for these forums for support. This means relying on often conflicting advice from the PN fans here.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

Thought it's worth me noting that if a contract is renewed over the phone, it'll begin on the next billing date. If renewed online, then more often than not, it'll start the next working day as @Baldrick1 says. 

Shame, as Gandalf was always one of the trusted contacts in the PN system.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@mechanic123 wrote:

@Mark63 wrote:

Zen customer service seems to have dropped from 'outstanding' to 'appalling' in the last year or so, check Trustpilot for some perspective.

Customer service has always been poor here on PN, leaving things pretty much for these forums for support. This means relying on often conflicting advice from the PN fans here.

I can only speak from personal experience, but they have been good for me - but I'm not your average home-user, so maybe I avoid the flannel.

John
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Yet another post on this topic in another group. When will PN wake up to the fact that this is an issue for many customers, and responses need to be aggregated in the same (possibly new) group?

jab1
Legend

Yet another post on this topic in another group. Where?

John
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Yes 'post' should really be 'thread'.

jab1
Legend

Still no indication of this new 'thread'/topic.

John