cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up charge

RG2

Set up charge

I’ve been charged £24.99 twice to set up my account.

When transferring from BT, I tried setting up online and the payment failed and returned a message advising me to call. I called, set up my account with an advisor who took a further £24.99. She advised that the failed payment would be returned. However, I now have £49.98 showing as confirmed payments to PlusNet for setting up the account.

I would be grateful if the first payment could be refunded.

9 REPLIES 9
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Set up charge

@RG2 - Hi, a bit of background in card payments. When you make a payment online or on a card machine, payment are reserved right away, this checks that money is available to take. At this stage the money is just held by the bank. The same thing is used by Paypal when they take a test payment or when you buy fuel and it takes £99 for £30 of fuel. Usually 24 hours later the payment is settled then it takes the actual money from the account.

Sometimes this process Failes, such as if the payment screen is closed mid-way, that will mean that the reserved payment sits there until the bank decide to give it back usually after about 7 days.

That means you don’t need to do anything and you will see the first payment be reversed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
RG2

Hi James,

It’s been longer than 7 days and still no sign of the payment being refunded. Additionally, both payments show as settled which implies payments have been passed from the banks to yourselves.

I would appreciate if it could be looked into and the first payment reimbursed.

Thanks,
Rhys
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@James30  It seems that two payments have been taken despite your assurance that one would be returned so @RG2 needs some action from Plusnet to fix this problem.☹️

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RG2  that’s odd but I guess nothing is imposable. I've had Billing check our back end system and as far as the system is concerned only 1 payment has been settled. Can you be sure to check the actual bank it's come out and not an app that integrates all the banks together in 1 place, like money management apps. These won't show accurately and reversals.

If the actual bank is showing the 2 payments, we'll need to see a proper bank statement from 2 weeks after the payment, ideally without anything removed but if you have concerns about what’s visible I just ask that it’s as complete as possible to avoid it been pushed back by the team I'll need to send it off to. I’ve left you a ticket here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238118408 if you could reply to that and attach the statement and let me know on here when you have so I can send it off. Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
RG2

Hi James,

I cannot attach the file within the link you’ve sent.

I left BT because of their incompetence and it seems as though you’re exactly the same. I fail to understand how such a big organisation cannot see both payments.

Taking into account Saturday as a business day (with both bank and PlusNet operating), it has been 16 days since both payments were taken.

Is there an email or alternative way I can send this statement?
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RG2 - We need them on the ticket for audit purposes, When you click the link and login, you should see an option to comment/reply and attach file at the bottom.

Can you send a screenshot of what you see when you try to attatch the file?  

Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, I don't have an email address you can send it to but you should be able to attach a file to the ticket in the same way you have replied to it.

Can you tell me what happens when you try to attach it?

Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, just to let you know that I've replied to your ticket. Thanks

Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RG2 hi, did you manage to see my ticket I sent you?

Plusnet Help Team