Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky Billing

FIXED
keithplusnet
Grafter

Sneaky Billing

On the 1st June I was sent a fantastic renewal offer, must be honest didn't spot it at the time, the offer was to renew my broadband at £21.99/month inc line rental.

Yesterday I noticed I had been charged £41.75, apparently because I failed to click on the button I was switched onto higher tariff than any of the plusnet offers I can see available for what was a fairly pedestrian 32 Mb connection.

Upon discussion with customer services it was agreed to reduce this to £25.99/month but no chance to retrieve the extra money paid for this month??? and further more the speed is now 18 Mb

It was explained by customer services that the email sent clearly showed that failure to click the button would result in almost doubling the price, and if you scroll down in the tiny fine print it does say this, not good practice, I have been with Plusnet since 2013 and have been happy with the service, but not happy bunny at the mo' and have started looking at alternatives

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Re: Sneaky Billing

Hi there @keithplusnet

I'm sorry you missed out on the original deal I'm happy to credit the difference between last month's bill and your new deal from the next bill if you like?

Apologies for the slow speeds too, tests have picked up on a line fault so we'll need to book an engineer visit to get that sorted out, please let me know if you can be free in one of the following timeslots which are available Monday to Friday:

AM = 08:00 to 13:00

PM = 13:00 to 18:00

I've taken ownership of getting both issues sorted and I've added further details onto a complaint ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226859011

I tried giving you a call and left a voicemail, I'll try phoning again at around 12:30 tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keithplusnet
Grafter

Thanks for a quick response was in a meeting, will be able to discuss today. I think my main concern was that I was switched to a tariff which was way over the odds and unless you scrolled the original offer down to the fine print you were

keithplusnet
Grafter

Phone rang at 12.30 but only got background office noise, tried ringing back on that number only to get a dubious music track, please ring me back, thanks

keithplusnet
Grafter

Further to your original message, please let me know when Openreach can visit, I will make sure someone is present on premises 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Keith, sorry about the isssue with the call it was silent from my end then disconnected. I'm unable to call back just yet but will as soon as I can. 

I've booked an appointment in for the AM slot tomorrow between 08:00 and 13:00 so I'll make sure we follow things up with you as soon as we can after the visit. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keithplusnet
Grafter

That's fine thanks for your help 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot Keith, take care and do message back in the meantime if you need to.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Keith, I'm just letting you know that I've sent a response to your complaint ticket just now and hope that what I've advised resolves the issue. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keithplusnet
Grafter

Just missed your call, Openreach rectified an issue at the exchange box early this morning and came and checked all was well at this end, speeds are now fine, thanks for that. 

However I have received an email notifying me that a new Plusnet modem is on its way, I did not request this as I believe my current modem is fine (BT hub 6) can you cancel?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Keith, no problem and yes I can cancel that if you want, the engineer notes didn't mention the exchange fault and mentioned we needed to replace the router so I'll pop some feedback over to Openreach about that too. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Do get back to me too if you don't notice any improvement after todays' visit and I'll get back on the case for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

@keithplusnet - I've cancelled the hardware order on Adam's behalf.

Edit: apologies @adamwalker - I must learn to refresh the page before I reply to stuff Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Cheers Bob!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team