cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to leave but phone line not in my name.

comicbbokguy
Grafter

Want to leave but phone line not in my name.

Strange one this.

I'm way out of contract on my fibre and the price keeps going up and up.

My phone line is with BT,(BT Basic) but in my fathers name.

The fibre is in my name (from dialup days!)

I'm looking to move to BT Essentials to save some money, in my fathers name. (who qualifies)

Do I have to give plusnet notice on leaving or when he orders BT Essentials, will you automatically be notified?

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Want to leave but phone line not in my name.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there,

If you place an order with BT for broadband, they should be notifying us automatically when they process the order and we'll send you an e-mail something along the lines of entitled "Leaving Plusnet - what you need to know". This will mean we've received the transfer request.

It may be worth calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to see if we can offer you a cheaper cost than BT Essentials for home phone and broadband though you'd have to ask BT to remove Basic off the line first, as we can't transfer a phone line across to us while there is BT Basic enabled. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

IIRC we’ve been here before - the only way to get BT Retail to remove Basic is to take a new contract with them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.