cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at the end of 1 year contract?

Sharky24

What happens at the end of 1 year contract?

I have a one year contract for broadband with Plusnet that ends in a few months.

I’ll probably extend for a second year as we’ve decided to stay in the same apartment.

Will the contract automatically rollover to a second year with the same price and conditions as the first year or will the monthly price change (no doubt increase if it does)?

Is it best to contact some kind of retention department to discuss this a couple of months before the initial contract is due to end?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: What happens at the end of 1 year contract?

@Sharky24 The contract will end, and you will  loose any negotiated discounts - in other words, you pay the full monthly price for the service you are receiving. However, you should receive an offer at less than the headline price a couple of months before the contract ends - when you do, contact retentions on 0800 013 2632 and try and negotiate a better price.

John
Sharky24

Cheers John, much appreciated. Do you know if they usually offer a similar deal to the first year costs rather than lose a customer?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

@Sharky24, slightly different, but more a difference in terminology.  You're contract doesn't end, just your minimum term of the contract.

The options you're offered at the end are meant to be (ofcom mandated) the same as you would get as a new customer if I remember correctly.  Before or after that point and that offer I've always found that calling the COT team (Customer Options Team) you can usually get a competitive offer.  Sometimes you may need to try negotiating with them!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.