cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 weeks on, still no further on getting broadband connected

livingfossil
Dabbler

5 weeks on, still no further on getting broadband connected

I was forced by Plusnet to migrate from a Business account to a residential account - a move that caused me a significant amount of work as it involved changing a 20yr old email address as well as having to organise new hosting services.

Yet despite their claims that the old service was to be turned off, 5 weeks on Plusnet have still not managed to get this sorted out.

Plusnet staff have been courteous and kind, but have been going around in circles for the entire time - none of them seemingly having any visibility on what the problem is, much less having the tools to resolve it.

Could someone with clout please get it sorted out?

10 REPLIES 10
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: 5 weeks on, still no further on getting broadband connected

Hey @livingfossil, I'm really sorry for what's going off here, it should be a simple move over by now so I can't apologise enough that this hasn't happened. I'll be able to get this sorted out for you. 

First though I just want to check, (forgive me for this silly question), you wanting to keep your existing line & number and just simply move it across to a residential account?

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
livingfossil
Dabbler

Yes, that is the case - I'm being forced to move from a business account to a residential one - I want to keep my existing phone number.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, I've got a modify order placed to bring your existing service to Fibre. Once this has completed, I'll then be able to finish off the migration process. 

I'll be in touch within 24 hours to confirm the activation date for the broadband.  You may also receive some emails or texts saying your order has been cancelled, please ignore these as it's nothing to worry about. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

A quick update for you @livingfossil, your broadband modify will be changed over to Fibre on the 11/04/23, once the order has completed, I'll then switch your from Biz to Res account. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Evening @livingfossil !

Your new account is now active and the business account has been cancelled down. You shouldn't notice a drop in connection but if you do, just check out our router guide here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
livingfossil
Dabbler

Hi,

While my broadband has been successfully migrated, the CSC analyst has refused to transfer my referrals, meaning the cost of my broadband has doubled.

I think this utterly disgusting and wish to formally complain.

Mark

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@livingfossil  You can't complain via the forum, you need to use the "Complaints Code of Practice " link at the bottom of the page.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

@RealAleMadrid sorry to call you out on that, we do pick up complaints via Community. 

@livingfossil I'm really sorry, I can see no reason why we can't transfer over your referrals to be honest, I've checked your account and can see that a complaint is already with our high level escalations team and a colleague tried giving you a call a few hours ago.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker  All I will say is that if I had a complaint, which I am pleased to say I don't, and wanted to raise it formally as the OP did, I would use the "Complaints Code of Practice " link rather than hoping it gets picked up on the forum at some unknown future time.🙂

livingfossil
Dabbler

Thanks for the kind words of support.

Posting in a community forum wouldn't be my first choice of activity to solve a problem related to the services provided by PlusNet, but as you can probably tell from the totality of the thread, this has been extremely long running series of issues, and has involved many calls to them which has led to constantly going around and around in circles with nothing being done.

I'm sorry to say this isn't the first time, either, it's just this time the problem was instigated by PlusNet themselves, so I feel quite entitled to be mildly irritated by the whole thing.

That said, every member of PlusNet staff I have talked to has been kind, courteous, and prompt - they have just lacked the ability to get the issues resolved, and that cannot be the fault of them, it must be a result of actions taken above them in the food chain.

As @adamwalker has already said, having complained (why should it have come to this? that it has shows a failure of process) through the correct channels, someone is looking into it.

Whether it gets resolved in the end... well I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath.....