cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Order Delayed

Spoodermon

Broadband Order Delayed

I signed up for unlimited fibre extra yesterday evening (25/10) and today received a text message informing me that there has been a delay with my broadband order. I couldn't find any further information, except for similar posts to this forum. I have just moved into the house and the previous owners broadband is still connected (till 28/10)

Separately, i was recommended Plusnet by a family member but didn't enter their username during initial purchase, it said i may add it at a later date, how would i go about doing this?

Kind regards   

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Broadband Order Delayed

have just moved into the house and the previous owners broadband is still connected (till 28/10)

That sounds like the previous owners have cancelled their broadband with effect from that date , a perfectly reasonable thing for them to do. Unfortunately that will have placed a 'cease' on the line to complete on that date. Until that cease completes, no other ISP can place an order, that's probably what's triggered the delay notification. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Spoodermon

Re: Broadband Order Delayed

Thanks for your reply, the previous owner didn't have an address to move their contract to so left it connected here until they did. If i just have to wait until that for my connection to proceed then that's fine, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't something i could fix.