cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order - cease one line - what's the best course of action?

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Broadband order - cease one line - what's the best course of action?

Hi everyone,

You may remember that I originally placed an order for FTTP. Unfortunately, after discussions with the Opeanreach engineer, the owner/landlord/present occupier refused permission for the fibre install. In light of this, I cancelled my FTTP order & placed a new order for FTTC.

When placing the FTTC order, I advised two members of the Plusnet sales team that the owner/landlord/occupier had placed a cease on the line for their own FTTC service, but I was advised that this wouldn't cause any delays and that our FTTC connection will go live on 31st October.

However, today I received an email & text message explaining that there is a cease on the line that will be completed on 29th October and that Plusnet can't place a new order until after that date.

I'm wondering whether I will have to wait 10 working days after the 29th before Plusnet can place my FTTC order or will the service still go live on 31st?

I'm happy to make use of 4G until the 31st but don't want to be relying on it for much longer than that. I can ask the current occupier to cancel their cease order but this isn't without complications either.

Thanks very much for any advice!