cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get a hold of customer service to activate Internet

bmcphee15

Cannot get a hold of customer service to activate Internet

Hello all, I have just moved into a new flat that was owner-occupied until yesterday, and it has thus come with all utilities already on and working, including broadband. But although there is WiFi, it has no Internet connection as yet, presumably because I have not yet put the account in my name and updated the payment details. So I thought I would call Plusnet to explain this, but unfortunately, because I am not a preexisting customer, I apparently cannot use their customer service number! I am immediately told that they cannot recognize my phone number, and when they ask for the number associated with my account, I have nothing to enter (as I am a new customer). It should be a simple matter for them to activate the Internet here again, but I cannot reach a human being. Does anyone have any advice for how I can resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Cannot get a hold of customer service to activate Internet

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@bmcphee15 It is not possible to 'take over' an existing account.You will have to set up a new one in your own name from scratch.

John
bmcphee15

@jab1 Is this the case even if the owner's (seemingly company-issued) Plusnet modem/router is still present and running in the unit?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@bmcphee15 . It is, because they should have cancelled the account when they moved - I assume it was in their own name, and not that of the landlord/agent.

They will still be being billed for a service they are not using.

John
bmcphee15

@jab1 Ok, thank you for advising!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there!

I've just checked your order and I can see that your phone line's due to go live tomorrow.

Once that's happened, we'll place your broadband order and let you know when you can get online Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet