cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer booked Dec - no show

Tamarcrops

Engineer booked Dec - no show

Can someone tel me what I am supposed to do ? Sat waiting all morning for an engineer to set up full fibre - now 13.50 and no show - no text no communication from anybody. Do I go out or will I get charged? Taken a day off for this !! I am entitled to compensation, and I am being charged the out of contract rate for the broadband ? Sat on hold , no dialling tone on landline phone now
either ? SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHATS HAPPENING !! I have Better things to be doing than sat a few days before Xmas for an engineer who doesn’t turn up
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Engineer booked Dec - no show

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Tamarcrops If you have no dial tone, I suspect the engineers are swapping things round in the street cabinets to connect you.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Tamarcrops wrote:
I am entitled to compensation

Really?  The day is not yet over...

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service (if your service isn’t activated by 11.59pm on the date promised to you)
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid, you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jab1  It would be more appropriate for Openreach to install the new Full Fibre connection to @Tamarcrops  before they disconnect the existing copper line service. So not sure what's going on.🤔

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

...unless they are using the copper to pull the fibre ... as has happened on numerous installations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@Townman 

It they are using copper to pull the fibre cable you would have expected them tp knock on the door and check the install details first. Also, there would almost certainly be a OR van visible on the street.

Brian

Tamarcrops

Now been on the phone 1 he 45 mins - it seems they’ve disconnected me !!! It’s like as though neither talks to each other - I’ll disconnect broadband before I’ve checked if the works being done ? Well they had better reconnect as they’ve sent another appointment through and it’s February- I run a business !!!
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@Tamarcrops  A totally unacceptable situation, have Plusnet given any explanation of what happened and if they can restore the copper service.

I would raise a formal complaint .....

Complaints Code of Practice 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @Tamarcrops, I'm really sorry to see this. I've picked up ownership of your complaint and will make sure we get this sorted out as soon as we can. 

I've added a response to your account here regarding the missed engineer visit and getting a booking rearranged and I'll give you a call later today: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230015089

I'm really concerned about your current connection not working, just to confirm that hasn't been cut off and both our logs and a line tests show that it should be working just fine. Can you let me know what's happening when you try to use the connection?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

I've just tried calling now but it rang through to your voicemail so I'm sorry if it was a bad time. I've left a voicemail and will try phoning again tomorrow so please let me know if there's a good time between 8am and 4.30pm

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team