cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre activation date two weeks after installation

Shezimaster

Full Fibre activation date two weeks after installation

I’m moving to a new place which has full fibre available. So I’m getting full fibre setup by an engineer on 19th Sept. However, just yesterday, I got an email that my services will be activated on 04/10/2022, a full 2 weeks later. Is this normal? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m just astounded, like what am I supposed to do for 2 weeks with no broadband while still paying for it?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Full Fibre activation date two weeks after installation

Unfortunately all the September 19th engineering work had to be moved and rebooked for the earliest possible alternative date (due to the Queen's funeral).

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@Shezimaster 

You may have paid the first month upfront but the Billing Period doesn't start until the sevice is live.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Shezimaster 

Billing starts when the service is activated.

Edit

@bmc  types faster than me.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Shezimaster

Thank you everyone for replying. Makes sense that the appointment date had to be changed. I received an email that specified a date two weeks later which is crazy given that the funeral was announced 10 days in advance. Is there a way we can contact Plusnet team via chat or social media? I can't reach them via phone given the long wait times.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there, I'm so sorry that the appointment wasn't re-scheduled any quicker for you. It doesn't look like we'll be able to arrange anything sooner but we'll definitely arrange compensation for you once everything is up and running.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team