cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grabbing help with my order

MichaelE1

Grabbing help with my order

Hey,

So today I let BT know I wanted to leave and they put an account closure and line cut off for 17th November. So I purchased the package I wanted today with yourselves, extremely happy with it.

Now I've got a message to say my broadband has been delayed which I believe I've messed up because I shouldn't have called BT to cancel. I should've let you switch me (shows how often I've switched).

Is there anyway I can sort something with yourselves where I can have the switch handled by yourselves so I have no delay/downtime (which seems 100x easier tbh). Even if it means ringing BT to confirm not to cancel and then you handle it for me?

Just a bit concerned that although I've set the Internet to crossover (end on the 17th with BT, Plus Net starts on the 17th) I'm going to have downtime which I can't really afford.

Any chance someone who's trendy can lend a hand on this please? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Grabbing help with my order

@MichaelE1   you have made the classic mistake - PN would have handled everything, but as you asked BT to cancel, no one else can now take over your line until the cancelation completes. Basically adding a week to 10 days of no service.

Whilst I am at it - you do know you won't have any phone service?

MichaelE1

Hey Mustrum, thanks for the response.

I had assumed this would be it. Seems i was a little hasty in my excitement at finding a good deal.

There is no way to stop BT cancelling then? Even with 3 weeks notice? And finding a way to do this through the Switch service? I was sure I'm entitled to cancel up to 30 days into my contract.

Couldn't ask BT to remove the cancellation, cancel my Plus Net and then do it through the switch service?

Couldn't care for phone line. We don't use a home phone!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@MichaelE1  Yes, you can ask bt to cancel the cancellation. Just say you changed your mind.

From memory when I moved from BT to PN, I just asked PN to start the service 30 days from the order.

MichaelE1

Thanks for that. Helps me panic a little less. Although it's going to be stupid as I imagine I'll have to cancel my PN deal as it is now, then send the bits back. Then use USwitch to get the same deal with a quicker switch over time?

I've already got FTTP and everything installed. I suppose the question is, will PN be able to get me online on the same day if I do go down this rather complicated route of not changing my mind with BT + Uswitch etc? I've asked for it to be done by the 14th. So hopefully come the 17th I just plug in the router?

What do you think is best to do?
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@MichaelE1 

I may be too late with this but as it's a FTTP to FTTP transfer you could phone PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to see if they can do anything.

FTTP transfers should be quicker as they don't require an engineer to visit a cabinet.

Brian

MichaelE1

Hey,

Thank you all for your help. Plus Net confirmed today via customer service that I'll be online on the day my BT contract cancels. I basically did what USwitch would do anyway, just not via USwitch.

So all good! And being FTTP means no downtime once BT cancel as it's a line with OpenReach, not BT themselves.

Router is on the way and couldn't be happier!

Thanks again