Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Delay

FIXED
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

House Move Delay

We were supposed to move house tomorrow but this has been delayed for at least 2 weeks. Called yesterday to postpone, but have only had an email outlining broadband speed - need to know I'm not going to be disconnected tomorrow and the proposed move is rearranged/engineers cancelled etc..!
12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: House Move Delay

@ooga_chaka 

You can't rely on this post being picked up in time, to guarantee that the message has got through you need to ring Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @ooga_chaka, I've just checked over your account and see that you called in to cancel the move. Please feel free to reply back here when you're ready to go ahead and I hope the move goes to plan for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

Hi - called up yesterday and arranged new house move. It's not likely I'll be set back up until 4th October (expected as we only had it confirmed yesterday we will complete move wise this Friday, 23rd September)

Had few emails confirming in flight, but is it correct my cease date also shows as 4th October? If so, does this mean person moving into my house will have broadband/phone access via my account?

Also, how can I request I keep my old telephone number when everything is transferred over?

Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, yes the cease for the old property is set to go ahead on 4/10/22, the new people would only be able to use it if they had either your login details or your router, however if you'd like us to put that through sooner just let me know and we can usually do so with at least 24 hour's notice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

Broadband wise, if they need router or password, thats ok for 4th.

Will the landline be accessible to them though?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's a good point, yes they would. Let me know if you want us to change the cease date if that's a concern.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

Please, can it be changed to 23rd September?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, just before I can do that would you mind adding an update to the house move ticket on your account just to authorise me making that change for you? https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=227741317

Let me know on here when you have or if you encounter any problems. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

Updated via the link
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Cheers, that's all done now and I've lined the cease for the old line up for 23/9/22.

I hope the big move goes to plan for you, I get stressed just thinking about moving house! 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ooga_chaka
Dabbler

Perfect, thanks, saved me a call!

Once broadband/phone line are put in - approx 4th October - will we get option to keep existing telephone number or will we have to have the new one that's been assigned to us?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries! As we've already got the orders placed for the new line we'll need to let that go through first then we should be able to place an order to change the number back to your old one for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team