cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informing previous BB provider:

itguru

Informing previous BB provider:

I am currently with Vodafone but I will be going over to FF on the 17th but I know if I was going to another provider I would have to inform Vodafone not to close the line but since this is FF I'm assuming I'm not as if I remember, as it's not a telephone line it routes differently.

Can anyone throw some light on this, as I dont want to spend ages on the phone unless I need too.

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Informing previous BB provider:

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Hi @itguru welcome to the forum

Your answer is detailed here Switching broadband to plusnet 

Screenshot 2023-10-04 160251.png

HTH

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

@itguru normally, as @Dan_the_Van  detailed, when you transfer a copper line based service e.g FTTC , the new ISP will transfer both the phone and broadband and thus the old ISP services will be automatically ceased and the account will be closed.

With a move to Plusnet FF , unless you selected the 'keep my existing services' when placing the order, then as I understand it, Plusnet will still cease the old landline by placing a 'change of ownership cease'. So this should still automatically cancel your existing services.

If you've selected 'keep my existing services', then you will need to contact Vodafone directly (after your FF is installed)  to cancel any existing phone & broadband.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itguru

Cheers MisterW.  Vodofone has given me a date for CXL which of course is going to be 9 days B4 I go live with PlusNet but that's the way with comms.

Scott

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

which of course is going to be 9 days B4 I go live with PlusNet but that's the way with comms.

I don't see why that should be ? If Plusnet are taking over and ceasing, then that shouldn't happen until FF is installed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.