cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Problem - ONT installed but technician unable to pull fibre through duct

Denzo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Install Problem - ONT installed but technician unable to pull fibre through duct

Help please PN Staff,

Engineer arrived earlier today to install FTTP, great communications - he noted a problem in the cabling duct / channel and was unable to get the rodding tools through to pull the fibre.

Very professional guy, explained all that he was doing - Thank You.

He did manage to install the ONT inside my premises and the new exterior box with the fibre from the ONT ... I am now awaiting next steps and support from OpenReach to pull the fibre through and splice together.

I would be grateful if you could advise on my install status and when OpenReach will be able to attend to complete the installation and activation of my new FTTP product.

Thank you very much,

Denis

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Install Problem - ONT installed but technician unable to pull fibre through duct

Hi Denis,

Sorry for the delay, we've been pretty busy. I can see we've already chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk and they've advised us that engineers should be going back out on the 13th September to investigate further. 

As soon as we know more, we'll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Install Problem - ONT installed but technician unable to pull fibre through duct

Hi Anoush,

Thank you - do you know if the suppliers have the feedback from the MJ Quinn engineers visit of 27 August that they could not pull the cable through due to the likely presence of silt or blockage in the duct and will the supplier engineers (OR) come out on the 12th or 13th September to resolve and connect the full fibre connection?

I am keen to be connected to Full Fibre as soon as possible.

Thank you

Denis

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there Denzo, I've checked on the order for you and the engineer notes don't show a specific reason for the ducts being blocked. 

The engineers visiting on the 13th should be clued up as to what needs to be done next so we'll be able to follow things up with you further after that. 

Do let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team