cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install / hub2 username

daveaspy
Dabbler

New install / hub2 username

My FTTC->FTTP upgrade is due tomorrow and my new hub2 has just arrived - so I plugged it in to the laptop (no WAN connection, just LAN) to have a look around and noticed the username is set to setup@plusdsl.net. Will this work tomorrow when its plugged into the ONT, or should the username have been set to my username before being posted out? (there are no instructions to do this as part of the setup, but maybe its magic over the new network??)

Once its all up and running I'll probably revert back to my existing TP-LINK router but would like it up and running with plusnet hardware first.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Re: New install / hub2 username

My understanding is that the Hub2 should pick up your username/password details once connected to the internet (it needs to be to interact with the hub management platform), but if it doesn't, there is a way to correct the situation.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

@daveaspy  John  (@jab1) is correct , the Hub 2 will autoconfigure. They are not individually configured, what happens is that on despatch, the serial no is scanned and linked to your account. When the Hub first connects to the internet using the setup username, it contacts the management platform via a secure link and sends its serial no. This enables the configuration information for your account to be automatically loaded onto the Hub. However, should the procedure fail, then its always possible to manually set the username & password by disconnecting, changing the details , saving, and reconnecting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveaspy
Dabbler

thanks for the info.

Another one - do Openreach send a better estimated time on the day or is it literally any time in the window until they turn up? I imagine it will be early in the window as its a bit of an awkward install with hoists and flat roof involved (already inspected by an OR engineer)

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

do Openreach send a better estimated time on the day

In a word , No.

I imagine it will be early in the window as its a bit of an awkward install with hoists and flat roof involved (already inspected by an OR engineer)

Sounds reasonable to me, but this is Openreach we're talking about, so I wouldn't bet on it🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Any time in the window - all depends on other jobs previous.

John