cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router

Demon9374
Dabbler

No router

My partner ordered our broadband package on 26/8/21 and our activation date is on 6/9/21 but we have no router and its not showing as dispatched on the account info.
Worried as I start a new job on 13/9 and the training is all online! 😩 will the broadband be up and running by then?
30 REPLIES 30
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: No router

Welcome to the forums, @Demon9374 You need a Plusnet staffer to pick this up really - but who are you switching from, and what router are you currently using?

John
Demon9374
Dabbler

Hi @jab1

Thanks for your reply, we haven't switched, we recently moved out of my parents to our own flat so we don't have a router at all Im afraid.
jab1
Legend

OK - in that case, hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up tomorrow - I'll keep my eyes on it in the morning and see if I can bump it if no-one does.

John
Demon9374
Dabbler

Thank you 🙏
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

I know it's not really allowed, but I did say I'd give this a bump - @Gandalf ?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thanks for your post @Demon9374 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. I can see the existing provider of your line placed what's known as a cease order to stop their active services on the 31st August so we couldn't takeover your line in the usual 10 working day fashion.

We've placed an order with our suppliers on the 1st September to reactivate the phone line but because the last provider didn't use BT equipment at the exchange, we've got to send an engineer there to manually connect the line up. This is based on engineer availability, with them going out on the 6th September.

Once the phone order's completed, we'll place your broadband order which can take a further 5 working days, but may be a bit longer depending again on engineer availability to carry out work at the cabinet (the green box in the road).

We haven't automatically ordered your router yet, because we haven't been able to place your broadband order but to make sure we're a step ahead I've manually placed the order for your router now you should receive next week, however it won't work until we've confirmed your broadband service has gone live. 

With any luck it'll be working by the time your partner starts his new job but I can't guarantee this I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Demon9374
Dabbler

Thank you for your message, none of this was conveyed to us by Plusnet via email or letter so Im quite frustrated at the massive lack of communication on this as we were under the impression everything would be up and running for Monday 6th September.
We have, of course, already paid the first monthly fee and yet we wont have the internet for approximately half a month as it takes 10 days to sort the phone and another 5 days to sort the broadband -will we get partially refunded/credited for the services we havent been able to use since that first payment was made? Thank you
jab1
Legend

@Demon9374 Your  'charging period' won't start until your phone and broadband are active, so what you have already paid will cover the first month from that time.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Deleted @jab1 has answered before me.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Demon9374
Dabbler

Thank you, I was unsure as this is my first time setting up the internet and it wasnt very clear on the website 😊
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Demon9374

I can see we've been adding updates to the open support ticket on your account Here but I agree we could've done with sending emails. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

In one of the first emails we've sent with the details of what you've agreed with us, we said " Your first month's service is covered by the payment shown above. After that, you'll pay the following for your services each month..."

When your phone line goes live that'll begin the first month of payment you've already made. On your next bill you'll then see a credit to cover the time you've paid for a broadband service between then and when it actually goes live. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Demon9374
Dabbler

Thank you for clarifying 😊

We have noticed there is a BT wifi hotspot nearby but would have to sign in to access it, is there any chance you could provide us with a login for it so that it covers us until we get broadband?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Demon9374 but sadly we can't provide a login for a BT WiFi hotspot. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet