Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No router

I have no idea how BT work, but is there not one you can use for free in the meantime?
Yes It'll involve singing up for a free account and the usual login and password.

Is the network encrypted?

I would use it a secondary e-mail, as I do. One that I can still read and respond to if need to but doesn't interfere with my main e-mail.

It has happened to me recently with my broadband going down and my e-mail, so that what I did. E-mail going down was not funny for me, messing with the authentcation with (as Little Britian says) "Compuer Says No" against authentication. Followed by me swearing at my computer. To cut a really long and boring story short, I seem to have fixed it now. 

Sorry I got a bit off topic there, if your mobile phone and network allow data tethering you could use that for the next day or two. It is not ideal and you can't go mad on the internet, but it will get you out of trouble for a while so you can do the essetials on the internet whilst you wait for your problem to be fixed.

Demon9374
Dabbler

Hiya, thanks for your message, unfortunately there isnt any free wifi. There is a BT hotspot but you have to pay to use it unless you have a BT account to sign in with. Its £7.99 for the day or £5.99 for just an hour, its also an unsecured network so not ideal for my work as a therapist or to change any personal details which we also havent been able to get online to do properly.

We have been tethering my phone here and there to cover things like sending work emails with attachments, everything else I can do on my phone itself, but my new job is going to involve video calls and I wont be able to do this with my phone data. I renewed my data for a £10 11gb goodybag with giffgaff about a week ago and I have 2gb left already.

We will just have to wait it seems.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Demon9374 

I'm assuming that when you signed up there was a working line so Plusnet assumed that they were taking over a working line. I'm guessing that since then, rather than letting this take over happen on the agreed date, the previous householder has cancelled the service, hence this delay.

As it is difficult to get a guaranteed date, it depends on Openreach technician availability on the day, it might be worth taking the hit and getting a £35 unlimited data Goodybag for 1 month. S*d's law says that this will result in a prompt connection to Plusnet but...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Demon9374
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf

Our account is still showing that the router hasn't been sent out yet but everything is looking good in terms of the connections, can you please confirm that the router is on the way?

Thank you 🙏
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Demon9374, I can see the router has been ordered but is still showing as 'processing' on our systems meaning it hasn't yet been dispatched.

From the router being ordered, we expect this to be with you within 3-5 working days (though often sooner) and therefore will be with you before the broadband service goes live.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Demon9374
Dabbler

We have now received the router, could the broadband be activated over the weekend? We still haven't heard anything about when its expected to be up and running and Im starting to get worried now as I need the internet to start my new role on Monday. If I don't start the induction training on Monday I may have to wait until October and Im out of pocket. Is there any chance you can provide an update and estimate as to when the broadband will be activated? Thank you
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Demon9374

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to see that your orders have been delayed. I've just had a look into the account and it appears that we've tried to place the Broadband order via automation, however it's not gone through. I've just placed it manually though, so we'll be expecting an activation date within the next day or two all being well.

As much as we'd like, you won't be connected over the weekend though, Fibre orders take around 7 working days to complete Sad

Again, I'm really sorry for the delay here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Demon9374
Dabbler

This has been such a frustrating process, Ive been anxious about not being able to start work, if the broadband wont be activated over the weekend are we looking at Tuesday!?

Is there nothing you can offer us in the meantime to get us online so I can start work on Monday. As previously mentioned there is a BT wifi hotspot which would suffice but requires a login, as a subsidiary of BT would you be able to provide a login? Or a dongle of some sort?

Ive already had to buy 2 goodybags this month for my phone for data to arrange bills and whatnot as weve just moved in and plusnet have known from last week I needed to be online for Monday or else Im losing money. The communication has been terrible from the start and it appears your automated services are rubbish, I've seen many posts here about plusnet not automatically sending things out and causing delays, maybe thats something to look into.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response @Demon9374

I've just popped back into your account after a Team Meeting and have had a look at the order that was placed a short while ago. I can confirm that your Broadband service will be going live on 15/09/2021. There's nothing that can be done to get this brought forward. You can purchase a BT Hotspot service, however this would be done on your accord and in this situation, would not be refunded. I'll give you a little insight into what's gone on here.

So when you signed up on 25/08/2021, your previous supplier had already placed a "cease order" on the line for 31/08/2021, which means we were not able to touch it. We did send you an email to let you know, if you'd like to check out this Ticket.

As we didn't hear from you, the line stopped, and we placed out orders to restart it right away. Smiley

Adam
Demon9374
Dabbler

Can you tell me how long Ive got left to cancel?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Demon9374 If you cancel now, you will have an even longer wait for service, and, I suspect, be liable for full cancellation charges.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cancellation queries are best answered by our Customer Options Team @Demon9374. Technically, the 14 day cooling off period starts a day after you sign up, so you'd be out of it now, and the bulk of this delay was caused by factors beyond our control, so Early Termination Fees would likely apply. I can't get into the specifics of this though, so again, speaking with our Customer Options Team to discuss a cancellation is your best bet here. you can get through to them on their direct number - 0800 013 2632.

@jab1 is absolutely right though, in that now that we have the line, if you decided to cancel what is technically an active account, your and your new providers would need to give 14 days notice.

While I can't tell you what to do, you'll definitely be online sooner if you stayed.

Adam
Demon9374
Dabbler

BT would most likely be able to give us a login for their hotspot straight away if we switched to them.
How is you automated system failing out of your control? Delays in sending the router and delays in purchasing the fibre are down to your automated system.
Also, why is the 14 day cooling off period not working days only? You dont count the weekends in your 10 day periods for getting us online!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If they're able to provide you with alternate means of getting online while they wait to take over our line, then fair enough. I was talking about the Openreach line only.

Automation can fail from time to time, it's our responsibility to then step in and place our orders manually, which has now been done.

The delay in processing your broadband order due to failures on our side delayed your orders by three days. Saying that, the delay caused by the pending cease on the line between 25/08/2021 and 01/09/2021 was 7 days, and could have been avoided has the pending cease on the line been removed. Smiley

Adam
Demon9374
Dabbler

Your automation system seems to not send things out often according to these forums.
Three days delay is enough for me to not be able to start work on the 13th. I have had to pay additional costs in my phone bill for data and Im going to have to pay additional costs to use a BT hotspot if we dont change provider. You have offered no means of getting us online in the meantime or to cover any costs.
If I miss any of my induction/training starting on Monday it will be postponed until October meaning I wont get paid this month at all. Then where is the money coming for the next bill because we wont have it.
To you its just three days delay, which might be an average delay period that happens often with Plusnet, but to me it means I wont get paid.

The cease was until the 1/9/21 and you activated our line on the 6/9/21 and its taking an additional 9 days to get us online and yes, Im counting weekends because you count the weekends for my cooling off period. And all we get is “sorry, but you are still trapped in a contract youll have to pay to get out of and too bad but we cant help cover any costs or help you get online in the meantime even though thats what we are paid to do and we have taken the first payment”
Useless.