cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Jonnicass
Dabbler

Order delayed

Hello, my line was activated yesterday and working good, however broadband is showing steady orange which means no internet, since I've been trying to make contact with support suddenly I'm texted it's been delayed ? Not sure why when things look good my end. Can you help please as needed for care and children please. Kind regards John
22 REPLIES 22
Jonnicass
Dabbler

Re: Order delayed

Update, did a factory reset via button, it went orange to blue. Showed in manage homepage connected. However seconds after dropped and disconnected.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Jonnicass 

A warm welcome to the forums.  To be clear, is this ADSL / FTTC?

Notification of delay is a bit ominous - what makes you think that the service has been activated?

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonnicass
Dabbler

@Townman hi, adsl fibre connection, reason i believe is that my previous suppliers have already closed accounts ( Completed ), my phone number has changed according to email from plusnet, in working condition out calls and in calls which was completed yesterday afternoon. . With the hub 2 router supplied carry's out the setup from green to static orange, which turns to blue showing in hub manager its connected, momentary about 1 min later goes back to static orange and displays internet connection error on web browser.  Thanks for your response. john

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi John,

Can you please clarify - "ADSL" and "Fibre" are mutually exclusive terms - the service cannot be both.

Did you look at the tickets?

Who was your previous supplier?

Was the service you had and the service you have ordered the same?

• Switching from Sky / Now / Talk Talk can be complicated by the necessity for additional engineering work in the exchange
  • Switching from ADSL to FTTC requires work in the local street cabinet

BT Openreach engineers are somewhat over stretched and have let customers down left right and centre.

There is the possibility of other issues, such as a fault has been detected ... or there has been a delay in activating the service.

Have you looked at the settings in the router as per the set-up guide to see if the account details are correct?  If the router refers to youraccount@dslplus.net then it is well on the way to working.  This needs a staff member to poke the account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonnicass
Dabbler

@Townman sorry adsl as come from Now broadband, but as stated they have clarified in my account section completed. However my line has changed over to the new setup phone line number and works. Its just my broadband with plusnet which is same setup . just this is 2nd day now without out service as you can imagine with special kids can be a nightmare lol. also to clarify this order was about 2 weeks ago, my activation day was 24th Jan, thanks john

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This needs a staff member.

This move needs in-exchange BT OR engineer resources ... which in some locations are over stretched.

Jonnicass
Dabbler

@Townman  This what i figured, but have been trying all day not received response from any staff yet. but really appreciate your support, thank you 

Jonnicass
Dabbler

@Townman apologies realised what i said, it's FTTC here. unlimited fibre extra the same plan as before. hope a member staff will pick up on this soon. thank you again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @Jonnicass

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

Unfortunately, it looks like the orders have got stuck in our supplier's systems.

They've raised it to the relevant team to get them closed down. As soon as we know more we'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

ORDI / Bridge case?  These usually take at least 48 hours for BTw / BTOR to address.

Jonnicass
Dabbler

Hey there, just wondering if there been any progress yet ? As not heard anything today. Thanks John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Apologies for the delay @Jonnicass

I'm afraid the work to get the order unstuck is still ongoing.

We've been advised the next update is due on the 31st but if anything changes before then we'll let you know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonnicass
Dabbler

hi @MatthewWheeler for your response, Another member team said it's happens quiet a lot, and should take about 48 Hrs. this was yesterday, but wondered if any luck earlier may come through as was on there diary but not heard from her this morning. why i asked, kids are doing my nut already. it came on earlier and stayed for about 10 mins then disconnected. really appreciate your support.

kind regards

john

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Jonnicass, I've just been checking over your order and we don't have any further update as of yet. It's still being monitored for the next review date and anything that comes in, we'll make you aware. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team