cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really poor installation

Joll66
Dabbler

Really poor installation

The engineer came today to install full fiver. The installation is really poor. Cables not clipped to anything. Internal box not level. Really disappointed
12 REPLIES 12
Joll66
Dabbler

Re: Really poor installation

Fibre *
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Sorry to hear Sad

This is one of the few things that's worth raising directly with Openreach.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Joll66
Dabbler

I guess you’re right but my contract is with Plusnet. My agreement is with Plusnet. Don’t Plusnet have an obligation to sort this out?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

With due respect to Plusnet, Bobs' suggestion is likely to get things done faster.

John
Joll66
Dabbler

Is there an email address I can use to get in touch with Plusnet customer service. I’d like to share a photo of the installation. Call me old fashioned but I like to deal with the company I have an agreement
jab1
Legend

There  is no email address for PN, and the process will be slower if you try going that way - you contact PN, PN contact OR, , OR contact PN, PN contact you, you contact PN, PN contact OR.

Much faster if you make the contact with OPenReach.

John
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

You can attach pictures here.

I guess who you deal with is your choice, but a complaint direct to the party responsible for the installation (BT Openreach) will, as advised, be far more effective than playing ping pong via Plusnet. What do you want here, a resolution or to stand on ceremony?

The advice provided by Plusnet comes from one of the most experienced members of staff. This issue needs to go direct to BTOR who are responsible for the service installation. It was probably one of their subcontractors … so they will be most concerned about poor standards of workmanship.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

From here: -

Screenshot 2022-12-19 21.48.37.png

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @Joll66, I'm really sorry about the issues with your installation, that's definitely not right or what we'd want you to expect. 

Although your agreement is definitely with us it's not something we could raise for you unfortunately, however you can report it using the link in Bob's reply above and someone will come back out to get that put right for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Joll66
Dabbler

Will contact open reach. Am really disappointed with Plusnet for not taking any responsibility, I say again my agreement is with Plusnet not Openreach directly.
I’t seems Plusnet we’re able to contact OR to ask them to install the new service but now they are unable to help ?
I don’t think I’m being unreasonable.
Never mind 😔

jab1
Legend

You are not being unreasonable, as such, but the poor workmanship was the responsibility of Openreach, and going the Plusnet route adds to the delay.

John