cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service goes live today but still no router

misscolly1991

Service goes live today but still no router

My broadband has gone live this morning but i still havent recieved my router. I used the chat function on the website on saturday the 3rd and was told to call customer services, who said it was due to be posted on sunday the 4th. I got an email on the 3rd from the person i spoke to sayng the router had been sent out that day. I recieved another email yesterday the 7th saying my router was on its way, so im not sure if it wasnt actually sent out on the 3rd and they suddenly realised and sent it yesterday.

Ive had to wait weeks for my broadband to start and now i cant use it. Ive just started a new job and have to work from home for the moment and am having to hotspot from my phone. I cannot call customer services again as my mobile is broken and people cannot hear me talking. And I cannot find the live chat on the website today. 

I just cannot understand why when i have to wait weeks for activation why the router isnt sent out when the order is made so it arrives in pleanty of time.

The previous tenant left a virgin router can i use that in the mean time at all?

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: Service goes live today but still no router

It was dispatched on the 6th (ordered on the 3rd), although I recognise the email probably said the 7th.

I'd expect it to turn up any day now as it's shipped First Class, however be mindful that Royal Mail are currently striking.

Not sure if the Virgin Router will work but I'm doubtful.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

misscolly1991

This is very frustrating though they warned me about the RM strikes on the phone so why werent they sent out earlier i can see in the forum im not the only one in this situation. Im now paying for a service I cant use, its not going to be here before saturday at the earliest with the strikes so thats at least 3 days of my paid for service i cant use.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

We sent thousands of hubs out early to compensate for the strikes.

In doing so, it wasn't expected that you would be affected. Your hub was ordered on the 3rd, which would typically result in it being picked on the 5th, for delivery most likely 6th, possible 7th. The strike activity wasn't until the 8th.

The problem seems to have stemmed from the fact that for some reason your router wasn't picked/dispatched on the Monday, combined with the fact that you've been unlucky enough to fall in the ~10% or so of first class deliveries that don't turn up the next day. That takes us into today's/tomorrow's strike activity.

I'm sorry for the hassle/frustration, but this particular example is not really something we could have easily foreseen. I'm pretty confident Support will be able to compensate you for the days you are without service due to the lack of equipment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵