cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total shambles for a fibre installation, two months and counting... simply stay away.

jim_r_c

Total shambles for a fibre installation, two months and counting... simply stay away.

Hi,

Want to hear a story of total incompetence?

Here's my experience for a simple fibre upgrade... not including HOURS spent on the phone and emailing:

3rd JULY
Order new fibre upgrade

24th JULY
Day of fibre installation - can't be complete because blockage in underground duct work to house. Groundworks apparently ordered. Engineer fits new fibre port but leaves copper connected pending.

9th AUG
Engineer sent to re-install - doesn't show at property, but manages to cut off copper broadband because job complete (?), so now no internet and PlusNet cannot reconnect my copper while I'm waiting for fibre (?)

31st AUG
Apparently another engineer supposed to turn up... tumbleweed....

6th SEPT 
PlusNet cancel my account for unknown reason.
I create a new one because I am a masochist. (And someone has to get the ground works done), order fibre again.

25th SEPT
Engineer arrives for yet another installation attempt - no mention of groundworks needed on work order so can't compete, even though numerous pre-checks (my myself and PlusNet) to make sure this is part of the job. 
He logs job as incomplete because groundworks needed. That evening get email stating my fibre is up and running.

So we go round and round in circles yet again.

Joke.

So no fibre for 2 months. No internet for 6 weeks.

I have spoken to most of the Call centre staff, a lot of the Provisioning crew and quite a few of the Tech folk.
I even have my own case manager with an official complaint open, obviously OFCOM next but they're probably toothless.
Been escalated and prioritised. Had promises made, call backs forgotten and quite frankly have no idea if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing... let alone alone if they are attached the same body?

I have to fair: some the of the PlusNet staff have tried their best: but the systems, so called commutation with Open Reach and the total lack of accountability and incompetence in trying to provide a simple service means just stay away. 

If anyone has any ideas... please shout me I'm all ears.
(By pigeon post)

5 REPLIES 5
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Total shambles for a fibre installation, two months and counting... simply stay away.

Hi @jim_r_c 

Openreach should not have cut your copper service off nor mark the Full Fibre installation as complete, because they could not install the Full Fibre.

I would suggest emailing the Openreach CEO.

https://www.openreach.com/about/how-were-led/our-board

Firstname.lastname@openreach.co.uk

They have an executive office team that can deal with complaints and pull the necessary levers.

Regards

Richard

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Total shambles for a fibre installation, two months and counting... simply stay away.

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hi @jim_r_c I'm so sorry to hear everything you've been through. I can see you've been assigned a case handler with our High Level Escalation Team. I've popped him a message to let him know your concerns you have given on the Forum, and he'll be in touch shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
jim_r_c

Thank you @RichardB for taking the time to reply! Certainly an option that I’ll pursue.
Markwallwork0
Grafter

Did you get this resolved I’m in the same position