Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should i get my new router ?

FIXED
Wizhunter
Grafter
Fixes: 1

When should i get my new router ?

I am getting a bit concerned about my new router being delivered especially with everything that's going on at the minute. The Engineer is due on the 16th Sept and the Router still hasn't arrived yet. The last time i got a Router upgrade the Engineer turned up but the Router didn't so i had to re-book the engineer, think Plusnet actually tried to charge me for that lol. I suppose the question is should i be concerned ?

15 REPLIES 15
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: When should i get my new router ?

Have you got a PN or BT router - if so you could use that if the new ones is a bit late.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Wizhunter
Grafter

I have a PN Router but i am getting Fibre and this Router i have is just a normal Line Router.

Baldrick1

@Wizhunter 

I assume that you mean that you are moving to Full Fibre?

When you say that it is a Line Router, what do you mean?

If it is a Plusnet Hub One you can use it by simply removing the DSL cable and connecting the new BT ONT to the red WAN socket on the Hub with an Ethernet cable. there may be performance limitations, but it will get you on line.

Moderator and Customer

Wizhunter
Grafter

I don't know the model number of this Router but Plusnet said i would need a new Router and that is what i am going by. It is a switch to full fibre and no idea if this Router will work but because PN saying i need a New one i am assuming it won't.

Baldrick1

@Wizhunter 

I hear you and hopefully barring errors in the ordering system your Hub 2 will arrive in time. But trust me, if it's a Hub One, see  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-information/, it can be used if you follow the above instructions.

Moderator and Customer

mayer_n
Grafter

It makes total sense that a Plusnet Hub One router would work as described, so I'd certainly recommend the company tells their phone support staff this.

I was explicitly told by a Plusnet rep that a Plusnet Hub One router would *not* work with Full Fibre (when I was attempting to check my connection before my Plusnet Hub Two router was belatedly sent out).
Baldrick1

@mayer_n 

I think that the potential issue is that depending on the speed of the FTTP connection there might be limitations with the performance of the Hub One.

This can lead to more support queries, so it is far easier to say that it will not work. I certainly wouldn't recommend it as an acceptable hub to use in the long term, but if it's the difference between having a slightly reduced service, be it better than you can get with FTTC, or none at all...

Moderator and Customer

Wizhunter
Grafter

I will see what happens, although you say that the Hub One will function that really isn't good enough service by PN seeing as i am paying for a better service. 

Baldrick1

@Wizhunter 

I can't disagree with you. Plusnet send out their hubs a few days before the go live date by first class post so there's still time for it to arrive. I'm just trying to explain a temporary fall back option in case something has gone wrong.

Moderator and Customer

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

Hi @Wizhunter,

I can see we've put your new Hub 2 in the post Tuesday night. Have you received it yet? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wizhunter
Grafter

Hi

Yes it arrived Yesterday, now just have to wait for the Engineer between 8am and 1pm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Nice! Let me know how the installation goes 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wizhunter
Grafter

Hi

My Broadband was installed yesterday and am really pleased with it. I must of been 1st on the Engineers list as he came nice and early. Installation took about an hour which was quite fast considering he had to install a new line, overall a great service. It did go offline for a bit and i was just about to ring Plusnet it came back on and has been fine since. I didn't get notification that everything was installed and activated but not really bothered about that as long as it worked. Great Job and Thanks.