cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another no router situation... really unprofessional...

James31

another no router situation... really unprofessional...

Looks like a common theme here at PlusNet.  Thought you guys were the leaders in customer service?

Order placed 4/10/23.

Activation date 2/11/23 (morning slot) and confirmed by Openreach.

Router not yet dispatched... there is no way it can get to me now.  Like many people I work from home and rely on my broadband.

Frustratingly this was an entirely avoidable situation.

To cap it off I try calling the helpline advertised on the website 0800 432 0200 as open from "9am 5pm Sunday" and wait for it... it says it's closed(!), I would be laughing if I was not is such a pickle.

Can someone PLEASE look into this and get me the router on time even if they have to drive over here?

16 REPLIES 16
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: another no router situation... really unprofessional...

You're in could cuckoo land if you expect a router to be driven to you.
Why not use your old router temporarily?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Router not yet dispatched... there is no way it can get to me now

Activation date 2/11/23

Routers are sent Royal Mail 24h tracked. It may well be dispatched today but even if it isn't dispatched until tomorrow, there's every chance it will be there before Thurs

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James31

Fingers crossed, thanks MrW.  However I had seen on some other posts that it was a 3-5 biz day delivery?

Any idea why PlusNet is so last minute with sending out routers?  It's just such a bad customer experience from the outset.

James31

Driving it to me: well that would improve my customer experience but I'm under no illusions...

Using my existing router could be a great idea Gel but is that going to work, do you just plug it in or does it need to be reconfigured to connect to PlusNet?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@James31 Tracked 24 means just that - it is delivered within 24 hours of despatch, and the 'late' delivery is to ensure that Hubs are only despatched to those who don't cancel their orders at the last minute .

What router do you currently use?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

However I had seen on some other posts that it was a 3-5 biz day delivery?

they used to be but it was changed a while ago.

do you just plug it in or does it need to be reconfigured to connect to PlusNet?

the plusnet supplied one will autoconfigure. You would need to configure a non plusnet one

The details are here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James31

Looks like I have a Sagemcom 5364 from TalkTalk - is that going to work if needed?

jab1
Legend

@James31 Unfortunately not - It is locked to TT.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Very unlikely I'm afraid. Most TT routers are 'locked' to TT.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@James31 

"Like many people I work from home and rely on my broadband."

As your internet connection is so vital for you, can I assume that you have a backup plan for if it ever went faulty?

eg Do you have a mobile phone, and tested that setting it as a mobile hotspot works with your computer - ready for a swift changeover if required?

Always good to be prepared! 😉

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'll probably be accused of drifting off the subject, but the WFH status definitely has contractural elements between the employer and the employee.

Starters for 10. (a) Is it the employer's decision that the person is WFH (either permanently or on specified days or hours)? (b) Or is it left up to the employee (flexible work/life balance choice)?

jab1
Legend

@greygit1 Yup - way, way off topic!

John
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Picking up on @greygit1's point, with so many people Working From Home on a regular basis now, it seems to have become considered "normal".

However, have people who do WFH more than occasionally, upgraded their home broadband service to a Business connection?

Plusnet's Residential T&C's still state in section 2.1.3:

"2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;"

This is relevant if the service goes faulty: I believe that Business connections are prioritised and have better Service Level Agreements, in terms of time to fix etc?

So people on these forums who complain vigorously when their Home broadband goes down an they are "unable to work", don't really have much cause for complaint?

Do they?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

It could be said parts of the T&C's are outdated and were written before all current contracts became unlimited. How would you define fare usage if the is no limit? With gaming, steaming, cloud based file saving, becoming the norm many house hold would have a high usage of data. 

Plusnet no longer offer a Business contract and appeared happy to migrate them to a residential contract.

Lastly what is work?

Dan.