cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT AX89X and Netgear DM200 won't connect...

JamesRobinson

Asus RT AX89X and Netgear DM200 won't connect...

Good evening all,

I've been trying to configure my Asus 89x router with Plusnet FTTC since switching from Sky. I have an Asus AiMesh system with DM200 modem, 89x as the main router connected by ethernet (for wired backhaul) to 2 separate nodes (92u) in different parts of the house for coverage. Having worked fine with the Sky fibre I am keen to get the system working again.

I've changed the settings to PPPoE and used the xxxx@plusdsl.net username and password and tried to match the settings indicated, but I'm just getting the red WAN light and no connection.

The Hub2 works fine when plugged in, it's clearly my settings on the 89x.

There are a couple of settings I don't seem to have on my router, mainly the VLAN ID 101 and any settings pertaining to 802.1q. The router is on the latest firmware.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to switch providers again if I can help it, but for the coverage and the expense of my existing system, I would really like to get it connected.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Asus RT AX89X and Netgear DM200 won't connect...

You don't need the VLAN setting on your router, the modem take cares of that.

You could always use the Hub 2 in modem mode. Just set the router for PPOE and username and password.

JamesRobinson

Thanks for replying.

How straight forward is that to set up? I know my way around, but by no means an expert.

I'm guessing the ethernet is LAN to LAN in that case?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

No, with the Hub 2 in bridge( modem) mode it's LAN  on the hub 2 to WAN on the ax89.

You'll still need the ax89 set to pppoe with your username & password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JamesRobinson

It's all hooked up and sorted. Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate you taking the time.