cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client disassociated - 5G split didn't fix

Gower1
Dabbler

Client disassociated - 5G split didn't fix

About a week ago we suddenly started having problems connecting to our Hub One via Wifi. The broadband is fine if we connect via ethernet, but wifi devices either take multiple attempts to connect, or right now we can't get two mobiles or a Roku stick to connect at all, all of which connected successfully before. An example log in chronological order for one mobile this evening:

20:09:54, 13 Feb. ath10: STA 12:72:ab:81:6b:8a IEEE 802.11: Client associated
20:10:12, 13 Feb. ath10: STA 12:72:ab:81:6b:8a IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated

I followed the post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Client-disassociated-associated-Multiple-WiFi-dropou... and split out 5 GHz to SSID-5g but no change. Channel scans look fine - we are semi-rural and only have one neighbouring wifi router showing on 2.4 GHz, but they're well-separated at channel 1 (us) and channel 11 (them). No-one else is on 5 GHz. Trying to connect to SSID-separated 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz showed same behaviour as before. I have tried manually selecting a channel, and selecting refresh channel choice, but still couldn't connect.

The three devices that have stayed connected to wifi are all working, as is this laptop which wouldn't connect for three days, then suddenly did connect and is now fine. Ethernet always works. Router powered off and re-set multiple times, but no effect. Access control has always been off, no static IPs - all dynamic.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TheHootsman94

Re: Client disassociated - 5G split didn't fix

Having the same issue at the moment. Keep meaning to spend more time testing it but coming home from a day of IT at work doesn't make me want to do it at home.

We're not rural at all. Have you changed your router password recently? My partner swears sometimes it makes her input the default one and other times the newer one. Haven't managed to recreate it myself.

Gower1
Dabbler

Re: Client disassociated - 5G split didn't fix

@TheHootsman94 I haven't changed any of the router passwords. The error I got from mobiles trying to connect was that the router wasn't assigning an IP, or similar IP error. The password was always accepted, and the router log showed devices connecting and then being disconnected straight away.

In the end I did a router factory reset and that seems to have sorted things. But I also realised I was out of contract, and so have signed back up and have a Hub Two on the way to replace this one.