cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect HubOne to HubTwo for more Ethernet ports?

FIXED
votemarvel
Hooked

Connect HubOne to HubTwo for more Ethernet ports?

I know the question is odd so let me explain. I have four devices I want to connect to my Hub Two by Ethernet, the Hub Two of course only has three that can be used to connect devices to it.

So would it be possible to connect the old Hub One I have to the Hub Two in order to make use of its Ethernet ports, either over WiFi or the WAN port?

Sure I could just go out and buy a wireless dongle for the one device but I'd preferably like to make use of the equipment I already have.

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: Connect HubOne to HubTwo for more Ethernet ports?

Fix

You can only interconnect the two hubs using their LAN ports,  NOT the WAN port or WiFi. 

So you'd have two LAN devices on the Hub Two and the interconnection cable to the Hub One and up to three LAN devices on the Hub One.

You will also need to turn OFF the WiFi, DHCP, UPnP and the Firewall of the Hub One and make sure it's IP Address is not the same as the Hub Two or buy a cheap 1Gb switch from Amazon. The 'b' led will continually flash due to no DSL signal. 

HTH

Edit, instructions are to use the Hub One as a switch only.

Here are the instructions to use a Hub One as a Wireless access point https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Can-I-use-my-Hub-One-as-an-Access-Point/td-p/1961592 

votemarvel
Hooked

Thanks for the help, that is working perfectly. I'm going to need to do some cable management though.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

and some tape over the annoying flashing light

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

votemarvel
Hooked

Another good idea. I have some duct tape here somewhere.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

With care using a thin knife blade I found it is possible to remove the rectangle of plastic covering the 'b' led.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 180339.png

It should stick back on.

HTH