cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deco M5

tulip1
Hooked

Deco M5

Hi I am currently with Virgin broadband and use the Deco M5 mesh with the router in modem mode. I am looking to move to Plusnet full fibre and still wanted to use the Decos. I have read several posts that say I would need to connect the main Deco directly into the ONT box and not use  the hub. Is that correct ? Or would i use the hub in bridge mode ?

If anyone has set up Plusnet full fibre and the deco  M5 could you explain the set up on the app, apparently I've read you need to choose VLAN and  enter your plusnet ID and password, 

Thanks very much

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: Deco M5

@tulip1 

I have read several posts that say I would need to connect the main Deco directly into the ONT box 

That's correct.

apparently I've read you need to choose VLAN and  enter your plusnet ID and password, 

Close, but not quite!. There is no VLAN ID required with Full Fibre. The guide on the website is for FTTC and hasnt been updated to include FTTP settings.

If anyone has set up Plusnet full fibre and the deco  M5 could you explain the set up on the app

Im afraid i cant answer specifically regarding the M5 and its app but I have set up a number of different third party routers with PlusNet FTTP. Currently Im using a TPlink ER605 on my own FF 900 connection.

Basically you need to configure the WAN connection on the DECO for PPPoE with your plusnet username & password. VLAN disabled.

HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tulip1
Hooked

@MisterW Thanks very much for your reply , what you said made much more sense, especially the PPPOE connection, I can see that on the app, I think I saw the VLAN thing on the deco forum. I feel a lot more confident now, even though I have,not signed up with Plusnet yet. Once again many thanks 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@tulip1 no problem. Shout up if you need more help. Not only are there some very knowledgeable customers on here, there are some very experienced Plusnet staff who monitor the forums.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.