cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Hub One with TP link DECO Mesh

Termi884

Help - Hub One with TP link DECO Mesh

I need some help....

I've bought 3 TP-link DECO M4R units in hope of setting up a mesh network and disabling the Hub one (which I think is modem mode)

I've done this with ease in my old setup with Virgin, where I set the Virgin box to 'Modem only' and then had my Deco running the show, but I can't seem to run the same setup in my new place with the Hub one.

Currently, I have plugged in 1 Deco directly to the Hub one as the parent/main Deco, then the other 2 are wireless (mesh). So now I have 2 networks ( the plusnet standard and the new mesh network) , but I only want 1 network.

Both networks seem to be fairly poor in terms of connection, somedays one network is good, and some days the other.  Is there any way I can have only one Mesh network and disable/bypass the Hub one?

image.png

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: Help - Hub One with TP link DECO Mesh

The Hub one doesnt support Modem mode. You will need to change the DECO to access point mode

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.