Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setting up security cameras/static IP

salcalvert
Grafter

Re: Help with setting up security cameras/static IP

@Dan_the_Van "

I have tested a port forward rule for port 80 and that seems to work, but I have no success using port 4505.

As a test can you change the external port for the 4505 rule to say 30271 and make a connection using <ip addresses>:30271"

thanks dan.   heres what happened:
Internal viewer now working on 30271.  Phone app didnt need changing to 30271 still works using wifi and ports 80/4505.

Port checker showing 30271 is closed.  Still doesnt connect to DDNS.

ports30271.jpg

salcalvert
Grafter

Seems like I've got everything working but the ports just arent opening.   Is this something plusnet can support with fixing?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@Dan_the_Van 

Can you confirm if the Broadband Account Firewall is now longer available for new customers or should we get it's setting checked?

AFAIK it was removed for new customers around the start of 2023.

Odd that you can't forward port 4505 ? I can't see why the Hub 2 would be preventing that , its not a port it would be using.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@MisterW 

I knew it had gone but wasn't sure when, this is completely mad 😬

@salcalvert 

If it's working without the ports shown as Open, are the ports actually required.

What is the exact model of DVR and the application you are using? 

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van "If it's working without the ports shown as Open, are the ports actually required.

What is the exact model of DVR and the application you are using? "

Dan - it isnt working external to my network.  if I'm understanding its because the ports arent open externally.   Its a samsung dvr 443 SRD.   worked for years using dynamic dns on my old router.  doesnt this come down to the port forwarding rules not actually working in my router which is a router issue?  that the router isnt forwarding any ports?

salcalvert
Grafter

"@Dan_the_Van 

Can you confirm if the Broadband Account Firewall is now longer available for new customers or should we get it's setting checked?"

I'm afraid I didnt understand the significance of this question.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

The Broadband account firewall is a server side firewall, running on the Plusnet servers, which could be configured to prevent incoming connections. It was originally in place when usb modems were used and so the users network was exposed to the internet. Now that routers are used, with their own internal firewall, the broadband one is no longer needed. It still exits as an option on some legacy accounts

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@salcalvert 

The port forward rules you have set up should work

Can you confirm how the network is setup on the DVR, details of IP address default gateway etc would be handy

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van I take your point that the dvr might not have correct settings but and maybe I’m missing something but if the port checker is saying the port is closed, surely the set up on the dvr is irrelevant to the status of the port as that’s a router setting?
salcalvert
Grafter

not to be evasive, I assure you I’ve matched the port numbering and protocols in the dvr.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Have you enabled 'Safeguard' for your plusnet account? It is enabled in the members centre found under Broadband.

Are you Fibre (copper connection) or Full Fibre (fibre connection) is the Hub Two is directly connected directly to the Openreach Master Socket or ONT for full fibre

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

@salcalvert  Was the DDNS you previously used specific to Samsung for use on their streaming services ?
It seems that the CCTV System use a RTSP protocol link connection but I can’t see this configured anywhere.

Ports IP 554 & UDP 554.

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van "Have you enabled 'Safeguard' for your plusnet account? It is enabled in the members centre found under Broadband.

Are you Fibre (copper connection) or Full Fibre (fibre connection) is the Hub Two is directly connected directly to the Openreach Master Socket or ONT for full fibre"

I assume your asking this because you think Safeguard parental controls could affect things accessing the ports?   No I havent enabled Safeguard.  We are full fibre and the router is connected to the master socket.

salcalvert
Grafter

@Champnet "Was the DDNS you previously used specific to Samsung for use on their streaming services ?
It seems that the CCTV System use a RTSP protocol link connection but I can’t see this configured anywhere.

Ports IP 554 & UDP 554."

Yes it was specific to Samsung, I think thats why it wasnt available as an option in hub two sadly.  I didnt understand the second part of your statement about RTSP, but perhaps its relevant to say I signed up for one of the DDNS options hub two is able to accommodate, and router confirms a connection (see below),   But still no viewing access via phone app using that route.

DDNS.jpg

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@salcalvert 

For a test can you create a port forward rule to a different device, can be wireless or wired perhaps the device you are using for posting. My example has a 192.168.10.220 IP, yours would be 192.168.1.?

Screenshot 2024-06-10 083502.png

In the event log you should see 

08:27:21, 10 Jun. FWL 'Port Forward configuration added for Server (192.168.10.220) TCP 55555:55555 to TCP 55555:55555 by user'

Once created use this port checker, https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ 

For me it will report  Port 55555 is closed on 80.229.xxx.xxx for you it will be 212.xxx.xxx.xxx

The even log should report

08:38:06, 10 Jun. FWL Port Forward Server(192.168.10.220) TCP 55555 accepted a new connection from 198.199.98.246

08:38:06, 10 Jun. FWL Port Forward Server(192.168.10.220) TCP 55555 accepted a new connection from 198.199.98.246

This will prove an attempt to connect to you network was received from IP Address 198.199.98.246

If this does not happen the the Hub is playing up, I would suggest a factory reset and start again