Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setting up security cameras/static IP

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

Re: Help with setting up security cameras/static IP

@salcalvert , @Dan_the_Van  I'll admit I know very little about streaming services.

I've trying to make sense of a similar post here and suspect that when outside the local network the Samsung DDNS opened up the RTSP port 554 using UPnP. 

salcalvert
Grafter

thanks @Dan_the_Van  that all seemed to work as you expected.  However the port checker is still showing that port as CLOSED, even tho we've just set up a port forwarding rule?Huh

log.jpg

port 55555.jpg

salcalvert
Grafter

@Champnet 

I'll admit I know very little about streaming services.

I've trying to make sense of a similar post here and suspect that when outside the local network the Samsung DDNS opened up the RTSP port 554 using UPnP. "

yes the previous port forwarding rules had the little green UPnP logo next to them.  These werent working now tho. and I deleted them.  Not to port 554 tho.

salcalvert
Grafter

seems like getting ports externally open isnt working still?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@salcalvert 

The event log proves the connection has been accepted,  as the target device 192.168.1.84 is not listening for connection on port 55555 the port checker will show it closed

EDIT: So when you test the forward rules to the DVR it must be connected and running, you should be able to connected locally.

If you check the log view for 08:58:01 you will see an inbound connection on port 80 to 192.168.1.200 from 87.121.69.52 that shows the rule working but not necessarily connecting to the 192.168.1.200 assuming that is the DVR

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van "The event log proves the connection has been accepted,  as the target device 192.168.1.84 is not listening for connection on port 55555 the port checker will show it closed

EDIT: So when you test the forward rules to the DVR it must be connected and running, you should be able to connected locally."

Ok so port only shows as open if the connection has been made and accepted at both ends.   Understood.  Thanks.

"If you check the log view for 08:58:01 you will see an inbound connection on port 80 to 192.168.1.200 from 87.121.69.52 that shows the rule working but not necessarily connecting to the 192.168.1.200 assuming that is the DVR"

YES I see that.   it is the DVR.  Ok, i guess this tells me the DVR settings are the issue then....  Let me double triple check them for the 100th time. ..... this is exhausting.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@salcalvert 

The network settings on the DVR, have you set it to 'Static' or 'DHCP' 

With static you need to make sure the default gateway is the Hub Two IP Address 192.168.1.254 (this assumes you're using the defaults) with the DNS being the same or if an alternative DNS provider if you so wish.

If DHCP you just need to check the settings are correct.

If the default gateway is not the same as the Hub Two this would explain your issue as the outbound connection would not find a route out.

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van "The network settings on the DVR, have you set it to 'Static' or 'DHCP' 

With static you need to make sure the default gateway is the Hub Two IP Address 192.168.1.254 (this assumes you're using the defaults) with the DNS being the same or if an alternative DNS provider if you so wish.

If DHCP you just need to check the settings are correct.

If the default gateway is not the same as the Hub Two this would explain your issue as the outbound connection would not find a route out."

Thanks Dan.   I have now corrected this to what you advise.   I knew they would change with the new internet provider, but had copied them from the home page of the router which provided digits under gateway and DNS.  I have set these all ending in .254 now.

Still no joy tho.

See below firstly the two relevant settings pages from the DVR itself, and then after that the two ways I'm trying to connect (DDNS and static respectively) within the phone app, neither route works.   If you can spot anything wrong it would be much appreciated. (and the password isnt blank in the app, just shows up that way in the screenshot.image1 (2).jpegimage0 (5).jpegimage2.pngimage3.png

salcalvert
Grafter

also internal connection route still works fine, on my desktop here, and in the phone app using internal IP address.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

I have a tested both TCP connection using your public IP Address

Port 80 is open

I see you're using port 30271 can you make sure both TCP and UDP are selected for the port forward rule as RTSP needs both (TCP and UDP)

Port 30271 is closed

EDIT: maybe go back to the original port 4505 rather than 30271; this will keep stuff the way you are used to using, make sure the port forward rule has TCP and UDP protocols

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van ok done.  Still nothing by either route. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@Dan_the_Van in case you hadn't found it , the manual is here https://www.manualslib.com/manual/823053/Samsung-Srd-443.html?page=52#manual page 52 onwards covers the network configuration.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

salcalvert
Grafter

@MisterW many thanks, I have the manual but useful to have web version. honestly thought I'd already done it all correctly, and as its been working for years I reckon its def something to do with the switch over to this router.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Thanks @MisterW I did have a look yesterday.

@salcalvert 

So I see this when I test port 80 and 4505 using https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ 

Port 80 is open on 212.159.113.89

Port 4505 is open on 212.159.113.89

Which is good, that means the port forward rules are correct

So when connection remotely I would suggest using the IP Address if you not already

salcalvert
Grafter

@Dan_the_Van thanks yes I noted that the port checker is now saying open for 80 and 4505.   This means something is successfully connected to those ports, but evidently not me.  should be worried?

I have been trying both the ddns (which router confirms is connected as shown previously in this thread).  and the static ip.