Did you mean: 

How to support home web server via full fibre Home 2 router

FIXED
ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How to support home web server via full fibre Home 2 router

@MisterW wrote:

So, will the selected device be remembered across re-connections?

If you select the device in the device list, there is a toggle 'always use this address'. When you set this to yes, the Hub 2 will always assign the same address to that device, effectively giving it a static IP

Thanks for that 👍

ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How to support home web server via full fibre Home 2 router

FYI - I had my Full Fibre installation completed today. First, I must say that the 2 installers who worked on my installation were stellar. It turned out that the original BT conduit/channel that was put in for the copper telephone cabling was put in back-to-front! This made what should have been a simple install much more involved. In the end they had to cut my copper cabling to use as a guide to pull the fibre onto my premises. I was OK with this, as I don't see the copper ever being used again. Plus, they can splice the copper back together if need be.

Now, for the web sever. This is all working as explained in the replies to my original post. I was able to set up a static IP address on the smart hub 2 for the web server and then assign a port forwarding rule for that IP address. My web server is working just the same as before the switch over except it can upload to clients at a much, much faster speed now.