cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 Device Limit

dryan5843

Hub 2 Device Limit

Hi all,

Is there a published limit to the number of devices the Hub2 can handle?

Over the last few days my internet connection drops intermittently. I've used the automated line checker and that came back fine so I'm trying to rule things out.

Cheers 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Hub 2 Device Limit

@dryan5843  Welcome to the forum.

Not as far as I am aware has ever been reported or discussed here. How many have you got?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dryan5843

Thanks @Baldrick1 

There's only a max of 30 at the moment, but I ran into a problem when I was with talk talk that their modem/router couldn't cope with the number of devices attached and ended up buying a Netgear router that was more capable.

I wondered if I might be having a similar problem here. The connection has been fine over the first few weeks but has been unreliable the last few days when, probably coincidentally, a couple of new devices have been added to the Wi-Fi.

If it continues into next week I might dust of the Netgear router to see if that helps - but my wife won't be happy as she thought she'd seen the last of it and "it looks like an Alien"  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

I have 40-50 client devices on my network at home and the Hub Two is fine coping with that.

The more devices you have connected to the Wi-Fi radios, the more things are going to be taxed - but in terms of what you can successfully connect to the hub, I suspect you're only limited by the default DHCP pool which will accomodate well over 100 devices.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dryan5843

Thanks @bobpullen that likely wasn't the problem.
It's been a lot more stable today so hopefully it was just a blip