Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 Router Detected a Fault

FIXED
HumphreyGokart
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hub 2 Router Detected a Fault

At 8.30 am this morning 6 September My hub two router shut down with solid red light showing, Tried Switching off on, Resetting etc to no avail, after about 5 to 6 hours it came back on again "blue light" This has happened a few times over the last month can anyone explain why? as this is very inconvenient as it seems to have caused me great difficulty signing in to websites with my user names and passwords etc.

As this has happened a few times could I cancel my contract without paying cancelation fees?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Hub 2 Router Detected a Fault

@HumphreyGokart If this has happened previously, have you reported it at the time? - there is obviously a fault somewhere, which needs investigation before you can even consider cancelling your contract.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

@HumphreyGokart 

A red light is generally an indication of a faulty hub. Contact Plusnet and request a replacement.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HumphreyGokart
Dabbler

Hi jab1 about 3 month ago an engineer came out due to a speed issue and said the line and everything was ok, as for the router detecting a fault and staying on solid red it rectified its self and went onto blue again  after 6 hours. Since then I found out that others on the street were having the same problem as me at the same time.

As other companies are working on the street installing fibre optic and working on the telegraph poles and digging up the street I am wondering if this has caused the glitch?

HumphreyGokart
Dabbler

Hi Baldrick, 

about 3 month ago an engineer came out due to a speed issue and said the line and everything was ok, as for the router detecting a fault and staying on solid red it rectified its self and went onto blue again  after 6 hours. Since then I found out that others on the street were having the same problem as me at the same time.

As other companies are working on the street installing fibre optic and working on the telegraph poles and digging up the street I am wondering if this has caused the glitch?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Fix

@HumphreyGokart If it was affecting others at the same time and other companies are installing kit, it could well be that their work is causing the issue - I know I had an issue when another altnet installed kit on my local poles. Unfortunately, some of these firms employ poorly trained installers who are under pressure to complete the job as quickly as possible and they do mess up already installed kit.

John