Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

I've been having complains from the end user round my way about their connection as well.

I don't live there anymore, but I am not far if I need to pop over. They've been moaning about the WiFi and so far (trust me I get the hassle!) I've split the bands and disabled the 2.4Ghz and connected them to the 5Gz.

They're using the PlusNet Hub One which is getting on a bit now, so not sure if it is a dodgy router. Doesn't appear to be the connection from what I can tell.

They only have WiFi devices there, I checked the account and sync is around 50Mb - fine. Max speed I get from 2.4Ghz is around 10Mb, 5Ghz I get around 40Mb. So you don't exactly need a Mathmatics degree to work out I get a better speed on 5.

I'll try and do what I can, just a bit of a nightmare, as I get moaned at having to do stuff with their internet and messing with it, but that's the end user for you I suppose 🙄

Jiffyuk
Dabbler

@bobpullen I have the 273 update but have had a couple of dropouts on the router and a couple of devices dropping connection, of late.

Revisiting your first post, you link to another thread where connection to 5Ghz is dropping. This was in 2016, five years ago. Isn't it time plusnet sorted this issue out once and for all. New routers?

What is Plusnet's official stance on this? Can we see it anywhere? Without your support on here, Plusnet's support is almost non existent on this issue (customer service referring people to a forum). You are a small beacon of light in all of this. There must be a huge portion of plusnet users that accept it as a problem and don't even bother with customer support/forums.

I usually don't moan (perhaps I do Smiley ) but this is getting on my nerves. 

ps Hope you enjoyed your hols and welcome back.

dcomm1

@bobpullenI also have been experiencing lots of 5GHz WiFi dropout issues with my Plusnet Hub One (Software Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263  Last Updated 25/3/19).

I split the 2.4 & 5GHz channels years ago and find resetting the router only provides a very short term solution.

Can you please update the router firmware for me please, in the hope that this improves things for me.

Many thanks,

Donald

clarkw1971

@bobpullen Can I please have the firmware update

Currently running Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

I only recently joined PlusNet and am consistently losing the 5Ghz signal, and find that this is an extremely common issue. Working from home (like many others) this is having a massive effect on me, and I would appreciate this being fixed ASAP.

Thanks

gabsyspur

@bobpullen Can I please have the firmware update
JohnDalton
Grafter

Can I also please request a firmware update? Noticed my Wifi speed has got increasingly slower, seems like my devices are jumping between the 2.4 and 5GHz band.

Currently: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 27/01/19

Michaelw89
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi,
May I also request the firmware update. I have the Plusnet Hub One|Software Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263|Last Updated 10/7/19.
I tried the first workaround solution of switching to 2.4GHz. It connected to the internet briefly before disconnecting across all my devices (2 laptop computers; 2 tablet devices; 2 mobile phone devices and a Smart TV. The Hub is displaying a steady blue light. Currently, when all devices ask me to sign in with my password, I enter the password, click connect and the Plusnet Hub One webpage is opened. This first started on the afternoon of 5/5/21. It reconnected to internet twice between Saturday up until now, but mainly I have not been able to access the internet via wi-fi. I sending this post via my mobile phone data.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Michael
stumain

For those that have updated to 273, have you seen any improvement?  I've had it for a month or more now I think and am still needing to reboot the router every couple of days.  In fact rebooted this morning after also rebooting yesterday.  There's a lot of people asking for the update but is it actually fixing the issue?  Wondering if I am missing an additional step...  I haven't re-merged my SSIDs so am still operating on split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz whilst also wiring my laptop in.

stumain

Meant to add, I think I am at the point of buying a 3rd party modem and router.  That'll resolve the issue, surely, as the connection to the internet is ok, it's just the LAN that's problematic.  Any  recommendations that anyone else has used?

medgoode

@stumain wrote:

Meant to add, I think I am at the point of buying a 3rd party modem and router.  That'll resolve the issue, surely, as the connection to the internet is ok, it's just the LAN that's problematic.  Any  recommendations that anyone else has used?

I too am on the verge of buying my own router, as I have tried increasing the DHCP lease (with no effect) and disabling 5 Ghz (resulting in poor network performance). Any recommendations for a router that is not too expensive greatly appreciated!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

@digitalsquid @tiggy2020 @gwjones88 @philrush82 @dln6376 @HarryMDale @benjbrooks @gnetzer @brikki16 & @elinevans - I have just pushed an update to your routers. You'll need to power them off/back-on at your side to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pansieshot @davesinclair @kfobryan @pl4za @jamespharding @Mitchjc123 @nuttyfoofighter @Soamesy @dcomm1 & @clarkw1971 - same applies. Please switch your routers off/back on to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gabsyspur @JohnDalton & @Michaelw89 - and again - please power your routers off/back on to apply the update.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

JohnDalton
Grafter

@bobpullen thank you, will see how we get on!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@DeeS - I can't see a Hub One associated with your account. If you are using one, then can you please drop me a private message containing your hub serial number and account username?

@KruDev  & @E17 - I'm struggling to locate your routers too. Please drop me a private message containing your hub serial number and account username.

@Jherhome1 & @medgoode - It doesn't look like your devices are online as I'm unable to communicate with them. If they are, then please also message me with your serial number and username and I'll take another look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team