Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Issues

nacra6
Hooked

Hub One Issues

Hello,

I am new and hope my question was not answered already, I have looked and couldn't find a reply.

The Hub One modem/router supplied by PlusNet had a weak WiFi therefore I turned it off altogether and purchased a TP Link WiFi access point which solved the problem across my home.

Now (a year later) the Hub One is giving me further grief - there is no internet (to eliminate WiFi issues I checked using an ethernet cable to the back of the router), having logged into the router it is stated "connected" to the internet. I restarted it and reset it to factory defaults but nothing helps. I assume there is an internal fault. 

Given that I already have an effective WiFi solution I dont need a wireless router, I also have a switch, all I need is a reliable ADSL modem. Any recommendations?

Many thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Hub One Issues

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Hi @nacra6 

What colour is the status light on the front?

When you login to the home page http://192.168.1.254 , under My Services do you see your broadband username or setup@plusdsl.net?

Standalone ADSL/VDSL modems can be expensive.

Dan

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

@nacra6 

Many on this forum have installed a BT HH6, direct replacement for the Plus One but far better performance and wifi. Quick look on ebay shows a few at £15 which is what I paid two years ago. Plenty of setup info on this forum.

nacra6
Hooked

@Longliner

Thank you so much! Will try to get my hands on one.

Thanks again.

nacra6
Hooked

Dan, the colour on the front of the hub is blue, status is connected, and my PlusNet username apepars.

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there, it sounds like there might be a fault with the router. Could you try a factory reset for us as the next step please? https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/#:~:text=Use%20a%20paper%20clip%2C%20pen,now%....

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nacra6
Hooked

Hi,

I have carried out a full factory reset but no change. I have now given up on PlusNet router and ordered an alternative.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Thanks for the update, I hope the new one works out and do keep us posted. What did you decide to go for?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nacra6
Hooked

I purchased a new BT Smarthub 2. Fungers crossed.

nacra6
Hooked

A new BT Smart Hub 2 sourced and installed, all is well (for now). Good bye Hub One.