Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Two in Bridge Mode with Asus CT8 Router/Mesh

carled
Dabbler

Hub Two in Bridge Mode with Asus CT8 Router/Mesh

Hi all. Weird one this. 

Upgraded to Asus CT8 from Google WiFi. Easily got PPPOE set up and accepted default of Vlan on, but didn't change any settings there.

All worked perfectly all last night and all day today. This evening, was trying to watch something on iPlayer and it kept failing to load, then working for a few seconds, then buffering, then playing for a bit, then giving up entirely for a few minutes.  Restarted the CT8 and all was fine for 2 minutes, then it started again. When using fast.com to test speed on my mobile, it seemed to have a lot of latency before running, but seemed to get up to speed, albeit with some pauses whilst running.

Now, an hour later, all seems ok again. If I've misconfigured something on the router, I'd guess that I would struggle all the time and not just periodically?  Is there any way to check vlan settings on the asus?  I can't find the setting anywhere.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Hub Two in Bridge Mode with Asus CT8 Router/Mesh

You don't want van I'd enabled on the router, the Hub 2bin Bridge mode will handle the clan id

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

carled
Dabbler

Hmm. Wonder where I can find the vlan setting on the ct8 router app to check? It all seems fine this morning, so I assume I have the settings right anyway.
carled
Dabbler

Gave up on it and put the hub two back in normal mode, then reset the CT8 mesh system into AP mode.  Will see how that goes for the next few days.