Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: No internet connection

@Stewartfinley  sounds very much like the engineer my neighbour had.

needs a 2nd fibre wall box installed as 2 properties are sharing one at the moment. 

Do you mean sharing a CSP (Customer service point) grey box ? didnt think that was possible !

Sounds like the engineer knows what she's doing, hopefully it will be fixed soon

Ah, an Openreach foul-up, then

@jab1 surely not 😏

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stewartfinley
Dabbler

That’s the one 2 fibre cables go to one grey box attached to our house for us and the neighbours fibre.

She’s suggested that the whole job is to be stripped and done again from scratch!?!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Sounds like it needs it, @Stewartfinley 😞

John
Stewartfinley
Dabbler

OpenReach couldn’t fix

Issue is at plusnets end apparently. So frustrating
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The OR engineer should have sent notes back to PN, so the faults team should be back on it soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stewartfinley
Dabbler

On the phone to them now and they’re telling me that my ip address is different to the numbers I’m seeing on the router. [-Censored-] 🤦‍♂️
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Stewartfinley  are you still not getting any sense from them ?

Stewartfinley
Dabbler

Finally, back online.

Tech agent was able to ‘just’ reset the IP address from his end within minutes. I have no idea why the other 15 folks and hours on the phone or engineer who spoke to PN weren’t able to do this!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Finally, back online. 

Good to hear.

Tech agent was able to ‘just’ reset the IP address from his end within minutes.

Reading between the lines, that sounds like you somehow had a 'zombie' PPP session. The previous agents were just looking at that and seeing the allocated IP address. That session would possibly have prevented any new session being established. Once that session had been reset, then you could connect again.

TBH it shouldnt happen BUT...