cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding my humax

kateneedham

Port forwarding my humax

Hello. Hoping someone can help please. My freesat humax box will no longer connect. I am trying to do 'port forwarding' but under the game and application drop down there is no "humax" option. So how to I carry on with this. Anyone who can help I would be so grateful. Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Port forwarding my humax

There should be no need to port forward a Humax box.

Your Freesat box is connected to your Sky dish to receive TV channels.

So what is the actual problem you are trying to resolve?

kateneedham

I sdmit I'm not really sure what is going on but 2 days ago my freesat box (humax) just stopped connecting to the Internet. I can no longer get on demand TV or netflix. I called plusnet and they pointed me in the direction of post forwarding....if you have any other thoughts I would love to know them please.
My phone and laptop have no issues in connecting and I have changed the Etherley cable and done loads of on and off and reset things to both the box and the Internet..... I'm just frustrated a regular TV isn't my thing!!
Thank you
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

The PN rep had no clue what they were talking about!

It has been a while since I did have a Humax box, but the first thing I would do is switch off the box and the router. Turn the router back on and make sure you can connect to the internet before switching the Humax back on.

After that it would be looking at the network settings on the Humax, but to be honest the Humax forum would be a better place for details on how to do that.

Try here https://myhumax.org/forum/ 

kateneedham

I've tried the on / off thing. I'll look at the humax forum... thank you
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 14

Not a specific suggestion but we have an old Humax DTT box and over the years the various "on demand" features have broken.

I would check that for your model there hasn't been a change by the on demand providers that has broken things.

As I recall, the Humax box can connect by WiFi or cable.

Checking the network connections in the Humax box menus is a good start. It should have a "sensible" IP address and seem to be connected.

Also try the on demand services on (say) a phone to see if the Internet connection is working. If you check the WiFi settings on your phone the Humax should have similar numbers but different last digits in the IP address.

I am the satisfied customer....