cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Routing problem... Netgear D6200

jimchjones
Hooked

Strange Routing problem... Netgear D6200

Had this router for a few years now, but the last few weeks have been running into a weird problem. It apparently stops routing. The link is still up, and packet counts are increasing, but a client device can't access anything on the wider net, not even ping. Disconnecting and reconnecting the Internet port usually resolves it, and a power cycle always has. Sometimes the failure to route is only devices on the wireless LAN and the devices on the ethernet port continue to be fine. Diagnostics on the router, pinging from the router to the net for instance still pass. Nothing in the router logs, although I've disabled logging of "known DOS attacks and port scans" because port scans are continual, so even if something of interest was in there I'd struggle to find it. It happens I suppose a couple of times a day, but extremely varriable. No pattern I've seen. I've reloaded the router firmware without it making any difference. I'm at a loss of how to progress. It seems as if the problem should be with the router, but I have a reluctance to replace something that appears to be working 99% of the time unless I have better evidence that its faulty or very desperate.

Any ideas? I like to think myself not totally ignorant in infrastructure matters, but am currently out of ideas of how to progress it.