Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Hub 2 sockets to use with Netgear Orbi 970 Mesh

Golfman
Hooked

Which Hub 2 sockets to use with Netgear Orbi 970 Mesh

Hi

I have looked around but still a bit confused. I have been lucky enough to have got a new Netgear Orbi 970 mesh system. Currently I have FTTC and a hub 2 . I understand I need to put the hub 2 into bridge mode,(having turn off its WiFi) and then I will just use the Netgear Orbi for WiFi and router. (Will need to enter username etc into Netgear setup.  My question is exactly which connection sockets/plugs I use from the hub 2 to the Netgear Orbi (still have FTTC). When I upgrade to the FTTP can plug straight into Netgear….

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Which Hub 2 sockets to use with Netgear Orbi 970 Mesh

@Golfman 

When in bridge mode you use any one of the three LAN sockets to connect to the router.. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Golfman
Hooked

Cheers for the quick reply

Golfman
Hooked

Hi all, Further to the above I have now received the Orbi mesh system. Have set it up succesfully using the netgear app. Have put the Plusnet hub into bridging mode and internet side of things is fine. (I Have FTTC) The one issue I know have is that I have Synology NAS drive, which previously was connected directly (wired) to the hub 2, and all worked fine. Now I have directly connected it to the Orbi (wired), and the NAS works fine over the network at home, however now do not have access to the NAS from outside ie away fro the house. I am assuming its some sort of port fowarding issue?  Have tried to set up port fowarding but no different...any one got any ideas...bit of a long shot I know !

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Golfman  how did you set up the NAS access with the Hub2?

If it was Quick Connect, have you ran that again since you connected the Orbi?