cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the PlusNet OpenID Guerrillas

A while ago we announced that we were running an OpenID alpha based off our community site code. Since that we've been pretty quiet about it, and to be honest, any further development has stalled. I'm a bit frustrated about this; I'm quite passionate about getting us providing and accepting OpenIDs across our platform and it's slightly disheartening to see other people announcing their support for OpenID without us progressing it at all. So, I've formed the PlusNet OpenID Guerrilla Team. Guerrilla seems an apt term to describe us: We will be a small team, 2 developers , a web designer, a content writer and myself, using unfamiliar terrain (Thursdays evenings, 6 - 7pm) unorthodox tactics (pizza bribes, ok, so not that unorthodox) and mobility (or agility?) to progress it in an informal way. So, what does all that actually mean? We'll meet once a week, spend 5 minutes discussing our intended plan for the next 50 minutes and then get to work. Once we've done 50mins of work, we'll get back together for another 5 to discuss what we've done and what we want to do next week. The idea is to provide a very informal enjoyable way to progress our OpenID implementation which should provide a break from the normal PlusNet development lifecycle. What are our aims?

1. Consume 3rd party OpenIDs for www.plus.net and Community.plus.net
  2. Provide a PlusNet OpenID.
  3. Do this in an elegant, attractive and simple to use fashion.
  4. Contribute back to the OpenID community in the form of code and ideas.
  5. Enjoy ourselves.
  6. Not get too fat on all the pizza.

Our first two members are Colin and Paul. I'll leave them to introduce themselves and what they want to get out of this in the comments.

0 Thanks
2 Comments
2 Comments