cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Month and counting ......

RobRS
Grafter

Re: 1 Month and counting ......

The only feedback I have had about why it has taken so long is that it is a resourcing issue. Due to bad weather about a month ago.
My response to this would be 2 fold.
1. If the lines were maintained correctly in the first place there would be no "resourcing issue", we are in the North of Scotland, so high winds are common and the line should be designed to withstand this.
and
2. BT Openreach are paid to repair / maintain the network (target of, i think 80% of faults fixed within 2 days) so they need to employ more engineers as this is what they are contracted to do.
RobRS
Grafter

This is a response to my official complaint to Plusnet, sounds familiar. The only thing this as resolved is, as I already expected "We are due a further update today" funny that because I was told it would be repaired by Today not just an update. and I already know that the update will be "..expecting to complete the cable work by (Insert made up date here).
Dear Mr Adams,
Thank you for taking the time to get in touch
I am very sorry for the experience that you have had whilst the fault on your line is being resolved. I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service we aim to provide and I apologise sincerely that you have been let down.
Having reviewed the account, I can see that the problem has been caused by a severed overhead cable. I can assure you that we are doing everything that we can to push forward the required work, but repairs can take some time. We are due a further update today, and our Faults team will be in touch in due course.
Once the issue is resolved, you will be issued a refund for the downtime that you have faced. Once again, I am truly sorry for the delays.
Kind regards,
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 166

Regrettably the best that PlusNet can do is to pass on the duff information supplied by the infrastructure owners - BTOR.
In my experience the information provided by BTOR is generally worthless - unless it comes from the engineer on the ground (or up the ladder...) in which case it will generally be ignored by them in the office.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any progress on this?
RobRS
Grafter

@Mook
Just seen 2 BT engineers measuring poles, spoke to them, they couldn't believe we have been waiting 3 weeks (first they had heard of it)
The intermediate pole is to short, does not comply with current regs. God only knows how long this will take to replace.
Oh well looks like Plusnet / BT have lost a customer, just about to order satellite broadband.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are still there get them to joint the cable before they leave. That will take the pressure off of them as well.
RobRS
Grafter

Quick update.
Intermediate pole is to short doesn't comply with current regs. BTOR have a scheduled date for the pole being replaced 26/2/2016. Plusnet are trying to get this moved forward, I presume as a result of me getting in the local paper and emailing to CEO of BT, BTOR and Plusnet.
Waiting for an update on Monday.
RobRS
Grafter

So it's now 1 month to the day that I reported my fault to Plusnet and as yet no physical work to fix the broken cable has been carried out.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148433.0.html
Well done BTOR and Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

mod:note
merged topics and changed title to reflect latest length of waiting.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the continued delays getting this sorted, I can see my colleague in the complaints team is due to chase this for an update either today or tomorrow. I'll drop him a message as a reminder (although from knowing who it is they'll already have it in hand).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Rippong
Grafter

Quote from: RobRS
Oh well looks like Plusnet / BT have lost a customer, just about to order satellite broadband.

When is the satellite install going ahead then?
RobRS
Grafter

When is the satellite install going ahead then?

Well I have done some digging and have found a couple of deals that would suit us but find mixed reviews on satellite. I have a package that I can order for DIY install, couple of working days delivery, but was waiting to see if PN got anything sorted before I pushed the button. Was promised an update by 17:30 Monday, Update attached below:
"Dear Mr Adams,
My next update on this situation is due imminently. I will advise further as I get news.
Kind regards,"
Just Checked my Postcode on Openreach website and get this (hope this is not true).
RobRS
Grafter

AndyH
Grafter

Which exchange are you on?
RobRS
Grafter

Longmorn Cabinet 3 (according to BT Openreach site)
mav:quote