cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: 8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

Quote from: StuartUK35
Previous tenants moved out around 3 months prior to us moving in....  So technically, my order with you is taking a 'pair' from the LLU frame onto the BT frame, like a cease and re-provide ?

This would be the case if the line was still active under the old supplier. However, when it's ceased then the routing of the pair is likely to be used for another provision.
Firm Objection ??  (meaning an OpenReach guy told you to go away Jeremy Clarkson style ?! Cheesy Cheesy )

Well you know what it's like when you're hungry and there's no steak available  Roll_eyes
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 167

Quote from: MattyC
However, when it's ceased then the routing of the pair is likely to be used for another provision.

Matty,
What is being claimed here - no spare e-sides?  Normally the d-side / e-side circuit to the premises would be left in place and the LLU frame connection be removed.  What is the actual problem here - no BTOR spare ports or (as implied by your comment) no spare e-sides, the one which used to serve this property possibly being used as a swap for a defective pair, whilst being "unused"?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

StuartUK35
Grafter

******  UPDATE *******
There was a BT OR guy at my local cab on Sat afternoon (like 4:50pm!!) as I was driving by, so I stopped and went and had a chat with the guy, he was OK and so on, and was able to multi-task! Wink (talk and work at same time  Cheesy )
This is what he said:
The PCP is full, or the lines going back to the exchange from the PCP are full ?
At present, as the PCP or exchange is full, they can only connect a line when another ceases...
He told me that they are kinda "robbing" lines as such, within 1 day of a cease order (guessing when someone moves out), that pair is pinched and gets someone else connected.
He thinks that either BT OR & the Housing developers messed up years ago:
Pointing to the inside of the cab, he said the PCP was pre-planned setup for say 100 houses, but either 120 houses were built or the PCP was setup for only 90 houses...
So on that note, he said the cab is full with people waiting to get a telephone line, let alone ADSL.
The FTTC cab, he said was maxed out ages ago, and he thinks they are adding another cab later this year.
Either way, he said it was bad planning on everyones part, and the end user (pointing to me) are the ones that suffer.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, PLUSNET.....
Would appear there is not enough capacity, and to get a telephone line means waiting for some other house user to move out and do a cease for there line....  Which in turn, means I am in a queue as such to get a telephone line (a pair)  (BT guy said the same, and said to chase your reseller daily to keep myself active in that queue)....
So I been waiting since 18th Feb for a line, is there a Rant process you can do to BT OR in terms of getting me a line ?  See, it all makes sense now after talking with that guy...
The family who moved into a house and placed an order with BT Retail had there line connected within 2 weeks, means my order via PN is getting nowhere. 
itsme
Grafter

I know Sky had the line there previously due to the dish on the wall....
Previous tenants moved out around 3 months prior to us moving in....  So technically, my order with you is taking a 'pair' from the LLU frame onto the BT frame, like a cease and re-provide ?

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: MattyC
However, when it's ceased then the routing of the pair is likely to be used for another provision.

Matty,
What is being claimed here - no spare e-sides?  Normally the d-side / e-side circuit to the premises would be left in place and the LLU frame connection be removed.  What is the actual problem here - no BTOR spare ports or (as implied by your comment) no spare e-sides, the one which used to serve this property possibly being used as a swap for a defective pair, whilst being "unused"?
Kevin

If it's was a cease of an LLU line then all jumpers in the exchange are removed and the pair that was feeding the premises from the exchange will become free to use either as a new line to another property or as a swap for a faulty pair.
KatC
Grafter

@ StuartUK35
We have been advised further updates will be available on the 01/04/15 regarding the provision of the service. We will continue to pursue Openreach to get the services activated asap for you., as soon as an update is available we'll keep you informed.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Will be on your case tomorrow about this.....
Normally I would go to a local MP to see if politics could help play a part, but seems were without MP's now!!!!  Crazy  Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Stuart,
They still want your vote and there must be some procedures / processes in place - just because there is an election the world does not stop revolving.  Least I hope that is the case, as I have got some urgent business with my Local MP - George Osborne himslef!
All that said, unless BT are willing to put another 50 pair e-side in place, this problem is not going to go away quickly.  90 pairs vs 120 houses is a 33% over subscription - without the consideration of properties having more than one line.
The best that you could hope for in the very short term is having a DACS line provisioned.  This could offer voice services but not ADSL.
Hope that this is soon fixed.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

StuartUK35
Grafter

WHAT A JOKE!!!!
So, OpenReach have just told PN a load of link:censored!
and that info has just been passed to me...., which I now see PN as a joke, as you fail to question the BULL that openreach are feeding you.
The cabinet is full, so for someone to get a line, they need a cease first.
Other resellers are able to get on this waiting list, but PN are not, instead feeding BS to me, the end customer.  I have spoken to over 6 different OR guys, who talk [Censored], but all tell the same story.  Cab is full, just a case of your job getting in the queue..  
I ordered 18th Feb  FFS.
Telling me I have to wait another 8 days for an update is beyond a joke.
PN just told me that the digs team need to order a special wire, so it will be ordered, then an engineer assigned 8 days later to figure out what to do with it..
If it were true, I could understand it, but the fact a link:censored pair runs to the PCP, and NO major work is required, other than needing a tie, is link:censored me off.
Rant over Sad
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Just checked over my colleague's work and we have definitely been told that this is the update. In fact I'll copy and paste what it says on the order tracker so there's nothing lost in translation:
EXTERNAL FIELD UPDATE-: CABLERS HAD ORIGINALLY HANDED THIS
TO DIGS BUT HAVE SINCE FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION BUT REQUIRED 350M X 100/0.4. I HAVE JUST ORDERED THIS CABLE &
IT IS DUE TO ARRIVE ON 07/04. & CABLERS HAVE BEEN RESOURCED
FOR 08/04. NEXT UPDATE 09/04

I appreciate that you have been in contact with Openreach who have advised you otherwise, but we have to go on what we are being advised. Apologies for the delay.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StuartUK35
Grafter

You see, this is the part that makes me think someone has NOT got a clue what they are doing (not PN side).
Because of how much this is annoying me, I am trying to get as much info as I can, and Saturday gave me the full info...
No digging is required, no cable is required, its pure Horse...
If any of the Horse was true, and was needed, this would have been identified 4 weeks ago.
I appreciate what PN are saying, but to me, the end customer, I just feel like you accept the BS coming from OpenReach and do nothing more.
Maybe that's how it works, OpenReach are a law to themselves, and unless I contact each house connected to the PCP to find out who else in same situation, I guess I got nowhere to go.
I know if enough of you are in same situation, OR tend to do some work when they find they are about to appear on Watchdog.... oh well Sad
Shame I have to rant at PN (kinda).
Any chance you can ask OR if they will meet me, the customer, so I can see the horse story for myself ?
StuartUK35
Grafter

Well
Its now the 9th....
PLUSNET Should be chasing this up with OpenReach to find out what's going on....
I should have got some info this morning..
But yup, you guessed it,  Just like the advert I saw on telly last night for PlusNet,  Customer Service is our least priority!
SO NO Info, no working phone line, ffs!
Great!!!
If only Customer service was your priority, then I would have a net connection at home, just like my new neighbours (2 neighbours as I found now) the next street along who ordered via BT Retail and got there line/adsl in under 17 days.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I would have a net connection at home, just like my new neighbours (2 neighbours as I found now) the next street along who ordered via BT Retail and got there line/adsl in under 17 days.

Hi,
Can you clarify, were these new line provides or connection over existing circuits?  If they are new line installations then there are "level playing field" questions to be asked.  If they are existing line take overs, then it could be a matter of good luck that the lines got taken over before they could be released... to provide you with your service.
@CRT,
This is all rather starting to look like queue jumping / BTOR giving preferential service to BT Retail.  Time for CEO intervention?
Kevin

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Townman
Time for CEO intervention?

Oh come on, face facts! There's as much chance of the useless CEO actually standing up for his customers against BTw/OpenReach as I have of flying to the moon.
The fact is that being part of the BT group is a serious disadvantage - BTw/OpenReach will give preferential treatment to other CPs as they know Plusnet won't make a fuss.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jelv,
Agreed, but if enough people having such problems write direct to the CEO... how can he continue to ignore matters?
Kevin

hillyfields123
Grafter

I thought orders were placed through BT Wholesale for engineers and the like rather than directly to BTOR?
So if I'm right then surely any non-LLU provider would have the same issues as PN?
EDIT:
Quote from: plusnettony
We can only book broadband engineers via BT Wholesale