cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: 8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

I'll check Monday/tue/wed/thur morning and as soon as I see it live, I will post on here, and update my open ticket, so hopefully you will see it and then raise the order...
Be interesting to see how soon BTOR cancel the order and give the spare pair to another customer! Cheesy
StuartUK35
Grafter

OMG !!!!!!  Shocked Shocked
YOU CANT MAKE THIS S**T UP !!!!!
We now have no tele line, and most importantly, NO INTERNET!!!!!!!!
Broadband is off, and the tele line is not our number !!!!!!!!!
So just raised a fault with PN tech support, which of course, means another 2 days before BTOR look at the issue!!!!
We got no internet, but do have dialtone, and got a number, no idea who it belongs to !!!!
UNREAL !!!!!
StuartUK35
Grafter

We are now back online....
BTOR guy just been to the house....
Here is what happened yesterday on our newish line  Huh
BTOR guy in the exchange can see our 'pair' in the frame, new block of 50.  The only connection in that frame.
BTOR guy pulled out the wires and left lose to dangle, as 'management' said no one is to use the new frame, as the frame looks nice and neat without any connections in it...    BT Group really do employ complete plums!
At same time yesterday, BTOR guy went to the Cabinet, and swapped our connection with another connection...
So Fred at number 52 (example) now has our telephone line, and we now have Fred's....   I knew I should have made the most of it last night and rang some of those 'h0rny housewives' chat lines! hehe ! Wink  Cheesy  Grin  Crazy
Solution:
BTOR guy just been to house, he reconnected the pair in the exchange, went to the cabinet and swapped back the lines, so Fred got his line, and we now got ours, and slowMB adsl is back......
Just hope fred didn't call any of those numbers I thought about calling !!!! 😉  😉
StuartUK35
Grafter

MATTY
Fibre is available to order today, are you online ?
Shall I do the website update, or can you do this, if you are online today ?
StuartUK35
Grafter

Hmmmmmm Sad
Cant order the upgrade through the website Sad
Ticket on hold until 13th May
Seems the last upgrade I tried is saying its on hold until 13th, so I cant re-order today until that is cleared ?!
StuartUK35
Grafter

oh well Sad
The BT Group really do mega SUCK !!!
Ian from PN managed to do some stuff on there system yesterday so they could raise an order for Fibre for me.....
Given fibre was showing available to order on websites like:  PN, BT Retail, Sky, TalkTalk (didn't check any more)
So my order was raised.....
In less than 10 minutes, the order was cancelled (By BT).....
Soooooooooooo, I wonder If I am right with this?
The Cab is full as I know, is it a case of 1 port becomes available, but anyone who is a BT customer already makes the order for fibre, that customer superceeds any other order for fibre and that customer gets the 1 available port.....
Or......
There is no intention to provide fibre, but more a case of watching over the past year, to see how many residents want fibre by placing orders (and then cancelling them), to see if enough people want the service so they can justify spending the government tax funded investment money on installing a new cabinet given the original dslam is full ?  (why install a dslam to cover only 25% of the households??)
AndyH
Grafter

No ISP has priority for orders with Openreach (but any ISP can place an expedite order). If BT Consumer had preferential treatment, then there would be major implications on Openreach's equivalence.
Generally, they put in a fibre cabinet that should be able to serve around 50% of lines. It's not an exact science though because some areas will have higher uptakes than others.
The fibre availability checker via the likes of PN/BT Consumer/Sky/TT comes from the Openreach bulk data. It's not live data, so when actually placing an order it is possible for a fibre cabinet to be full. Normally if a cabinet is full, it's just a question of needing a new card to be installed. Once all cards are full, then you're into a bit of a delay for a new cabinet to be installed.
Rebel48

Quote from: Matthew
@StuartUK35
It's Matty's day off today but he's in tomorrow so I'm sure he'll get that looked into for you
@Rebel48
I can see you have a fault raised and we've requested times for a engineer. Can you advise when your available by replying to the fault ticket?

I  have told them in reply am slot , and will do anytime if i cant be in i will make sure access is available should i require to be at NHS, as easy as that , i have tried 4 weeks and weeks to tell you guys i am trying to help you help me its what i do as most veterans are likewise . i really think its switch back time without and financial penalties and i am certainly looking for some form of re embursment paying years supply in advance, Actually BT would have me switched back already from my last request to switch , i have asked WHICH to look into my complaint as i do quite a bit for them, but i,m quite happy to go the formal route with OFTEL/OFCOM, I was then told to reply to txt messages comfirming i have tried this with other concerns to be texted back by plusnet saying unable to  receive information , ????? WHATS that all about running in circles.
StuartUK35
Grafter

You online Matty ?
Fibre is showing avail at the mo.... which means possibly 1 pair is available...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for speaking with me today  Smiley
Fingers crossed for next week.  Roll_eyes
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StuartUK35
Grafter

Cheers dude Smiley