Did you mean: 

Anthony Vollmer... do you exsist?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: Anthony Vollmer... do you exsist?

Quote from: EnglishMohican
What are PlusNet doing to bring their sub-contractor under control -  well not much - they are waiting until last Thursday and then they will review the situation. Only its Monday now and there is no new information on my ticket so I assume they have just given up.

As promised yesterday, I followed this up with the faults team this morning. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I've been at the dentist this afternoon.
I'm afraid the news isn't great Sad
We tried getting Wholesale to move your circuit to an uncongested Virtual Path at the exchange however we've since been informed that none exist! I have got one other suggestion that /might/ help, I'll update you ticket with further information...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@Bob
Thanks Bob. I'll see what happens and report back. It seems a shame that BT are so out of their depth.
Jim
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) OK
This has gone far enough.
This rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_attack and the following one are quite specific  
Personal attacks
These are usually caused by discussions turning into serious arguments as mentioned above. Please think before posting anything that would be defined as this sort of attack. For example "Username is an idiot" Personal attacks are not welcome on these forums and will be dealt with firmly.
Impoliteness toward forum staff
This is when someone impolitely argues against any of the forum staff. (Forum staff include Plusnet staff, administrators and moderators.) An example would be: “How dare you lock that thread you stupid moderator!” However, saying something like “Could you please unlock my thread, because I feel there was no need for it to be locked.” would be perfectly fine.

[color=blue]I have removed a number of posts and any further repeats will be dealt with very firmly ]
thelonerider
Dabbler

So what you are saying is, we can rant and rave in the rant and rave section but dont dare say anything to upset anyone. I thought that ranting and raving is for us to get the problems shouted out and that the staff fix the problems. If staff cant fix the problems, why cant we make a note of these staff members for others to know about.
This is more of a case of making sure you shut us up just because we are making valid points. Im guessing you are not PN staff, just forum staff...!
I have the right to rant against richard fletcher, anthony vollmer and other members of PN staff if I feel they are not doing thier jobs to a satisfactory level. I have repeated the message to anthony and richard via their emailo addresses.
If you dont want us to rant and rave, dont have a rant and rave section.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just because the section is called Rants and Raves doesn't mean that the normal rules do not apply.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and the Moderators are generally ordinary Plusnet customers.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

thelonerider: Jim linked the rules - I suggest you read them - especially the opening paragraphs (my bold):
The forums are moderated by customers, namely;  Barry Zubel (Barry), Jim (Oldjim), Adie (Adiewoo), Dick (Strat) and Thomas (Be3G).  The moderators are not paid and volunteer their time freely. They do not get any special insight into what Plusnet are doing or when your ticket is going to be answered.
The role of the moderators is to ensure that the forums provide an enjoyable and informative experience for all. They also ensure that the Forum Guidelines and rules are followed. The moderators have the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message. When the moderators do edit a post however, they will attach a note to the bottom of the post explaining the purpose of the edit. Such a note will appear in either red, orange (formerly blue) or green, depending on the severity of the transgression or mistake which necessitated the edit.
If at anytime you have reason to question the actions of a moderator, in the first instance send a PM to the Moderator, if your issue still cannot be resolved then contact a member of the Comms Team; Peter Jackson, Matt Taylor, Chris Parr, Bob Pullen or Mand Beckett who will discuss this with the moderators and make a final decision on your case.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I've heard stress balls are generally good for this kind of subject
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
thelonerider
Dabbler

You are still saying i cannot make comments about the staff that obviously dont know how to do their jobs, constantly lie to the customers and generally are nothing less than ignorant. This is fact, not an attack.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

No....this is opinion.
You are of course entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.
The problem is the manner in which you express that opinion.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thelonerider
Dabbler

Quote from: Strat
The problem is the manner in which you express that opinion.

Well if the staff did their job rather than make up the usual "plusnet bible script" excuses, then I would not have to come here and tell people about the lack of service from the staff would I????Huh
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You can however do what we all have to do and that is adhere to the rules like everyone else has too
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
mal0z
Grafter

@thelonerider
I strongly support customers ability to post fair criticism, but I too share the view that your personal attack on Anthony Vollmer. was well out of order.
Don't you think that people are much more likely to help you if you are reasonable and don't make personal attacks on staff, and for that matter the moderators.
We often see fellow customers who have genuine and reasonable complaints - sometimes rant and rave and they are then helped by the CSC staff, Comm staff and even senior managers and then they find that their problems are satisfactorily resolved.
I hope you problems are fixed so you can join us here in community helping other fellow customers.

thelonerider
Dabbler

Mal... My "attack" as you call it on the CEO was AFTER I tried being reasonable. There is only so many members of call centre staff and managers you can say the same thing too. There are only so many months in a row that you can bite your lip when you get the same call regarding the same thing month in and month out.
There is only so many times you can accept that PN take more than they are supposed to on your bill then "credit" your account if you notice it.
There are only so many excuses you can take from managers and Chief Operations Officers regarding the 0.1mb speed on your 6.5mb speed broadband that just suddenly happens to a lot of customers.
There is only son long you can accept the excuses, the rubbish service and the utter crap that is sent to you via email from the company that is PN. I have been with them since September 09 and as I explained at the start of my rant, have had no less than 3 problems a month, every month.
They blame BT, they blame computer error, they blame ex staff and they even blame the customer. No one within the staffing of PN will ever actually take any responsibility for any of the problems I have had, yet I have one rant at the boss, he who is in charge and I get a number of people moan at me.
If Mr Vollmer had the decency to do something about my complaint, seen as this has been none stop for 5 months, then I wouldnt be here complaining.
There is only so much BS people can shove down your throat before you snap and say, enough is enough. I ranted here to give Mr Vollmer the opportunity to get in touch. He posts a message and everyone is impressed that the CEO uses the forum. Well he said he was emailing me. He sent a short email to say he would contact me after being briefed by his team... well, again... my thread question Anthony Vollmer.. do you exist?Huh
Considering the amount of times my account has been overcharged and messed about, the lack of service, the limited internet service and the calls at unsocialble hours, do I not get the right to shout a bit louder than the rest? Or have you all been in the same situation? Have you all been overcharged? Have you all been phoned at unsociable hours? Have you all been lied to on several occasions by PN?
It seems you want anything done at PN the only way to do it is to resort to public humiliation of the top dog. Im sure Mr Vollmer is paid a decent wage and as he took the CEO position, he should take some of the slack. Just 5 minutes on the phone with me is all that would be required and I will be more than happy to sit back and wait for the rest of the staff to run around like headless chickens after he has a word with them.
So once again - Anthony Vollmer... do you exist?Huh
David_W
Rising Star

The CEO generally doesn't have a clue what is happening on the shop floor in any company, it isn't their responsibility.  Their job is to run the company, it's the staffs jobs to answer questions from customers, you really can't expect the CEO to take 5 minutes for every customer to give them a ring, that would leave them no time left to do their CEO type stuff.
If you're having trouble with the call centre, try using the number in one of the sig's here, it'll put you directly in touch with the guys in Sheffield instead of South Africa (the guys that post on the forums).
The guys from PN are usually solid at resolving issues, and when issues are brought up on the forum they can go out of their way to provide a personal service, including calling up and chasing things up, but sometimes things are outside their control, all they can do is chase things up.  We (the people reading this) will sometimes help if we can do, people come in with speed problems (like yourself) and people like Jelv will ask for your router stats, which exchange you're connected to (to see if the exchange is red), find out what diagnostic procedures you've been through to try and solve the problem yourself (have you connected to the main socket, have you changed filters, is there line noise etc..)
Ranting is all good and well, but sometimes it's better to say "hey, can anyone offer me a possible solution for this issue please?".
If you have a problem with the CEO then insulting him isn't going to make him say "goodness, must call this chap, right now!" is it?  So try asking for help rather than demanding the CEO (who will not be able to physically sort anything out, he'll get in touch with the front line staff who will tell him what the issue is and what they are doing to resolve it, he'll get back to you and say "they are doing X to resolve it" and you'll be ranting again about 72 hours) try saying "this is my problem", list your router stats, what you've tried yourself to resolve the issue, general trouble shooting stuff to help people help you resolve the problem.