cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

You may be surprised when you phone for your MAC code as Customer Retentions have much more flexibility
faulknerm88
Grafter

Re: Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

Fingers crossed then - as I'm very happy with the service from Plusnet overall, it's just the 60GB limit and £1/GB cost for additional usage which is causing me to weigh up my options.
Could do without the faff of moving suppliers really, so will see what they say, although if needs must...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It's possible the Customer Options Team (COT) might offer you the legacy Plusnet Unlimited product. This has significant non-interactive traffic shaping during the afternoon compared with Plusnet Extra so might not suit your needs. Pictorial product comparison available here. Official source of data here.
Pricing is similar to (my assumption for) "non-fibre" fibre (so to speak) and cheaper than Business Option 3 but since your stated priority is not price or contract length but allowance I thought it useful to draw attention to this ahead of any conversation you might have with the COT.
David
faulknerm88
Grafter

Thanks for the heads up.
It seems the Customer Options Team are only available during working hours, when I'm not, so I've asked for my ticket to be escalated to them so that they can look at any options which may be available to me.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
There is one option available, but it's a little complex and not something standard (which will be why it wasn't offered on your ticket).
You could move your *broadband* onto a new business account, and keep your current residential account as a phone only account. It means you'd have to be billed for each separately though.
faulknerm88
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Thanks for the response - that sounds spot on!
Is there any chance you can confirm what the breakdown of monthly costs would be for each bill please? (Either on here, or by ticket/email?)
Assuming there's nothing unexpected hiding in the costs, this sounds like the idea route for me and I'll ask you to "make it so" Smiley

Thanks,
Marc
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Doesn't that mean two phone lines or is the fiddle even more devious than that
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I would regard it as meeting customer needs on one phone line within the constraints of the billing system. Seems a constructive solution to the requirement to me.
David
David
bobboulby
Grafter

I'd say that the Customer Options team are your best option, they sorted something out for me.
There is another point here though that seems to have been missed - 60GB is simply no longer enough. PlusNet really need to be thinking of launching a higher allowance product.
Bob
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: faulknerm88
Hi Mand,
Thanks for the response - that sounds spot on!
Is there any chance you can confirm what the breakdown of monthly costs would be for each bill please? (Either on here, or by ticket/email?)
Assuming there's nothing unexpected hiding in the costs, this sounds like the idea route for me and I'll ask you to "make it so" Smiley

Thanks,
Marc

One bill would be for whatever biz broadband option you choose (standard price dependent on market area and contract chosen). The other would be for £12.99 (assuming you're on E+W) + call charges.
@oldjim, no need for two physical lines, just two accounts (our systems don't allow for individual products to be in different sectors).
faulknerm88
Grafter

Mand, that's fantastic!
Just discovered we're actually on Talk Anytime at the moment, so I guess we'll stay with that. Smiley
What's the process for making these changes, so that we maintain the residential account for the phone and switch the broadband to Option 3? Is this something you are able to initiate for me?

Thanks again, it's thinking outside the box like this which I love about Plusnet!!  Wink
Mand
Grafter

I can sort the switch for ya, but we'll need to sign you up for a business account.
Is there a convenient time for me to call you tomorrow? Should take less than 5 mins on the phone to get it sorted. Drop me a PM here with a number and time to call you on and we'll get you up and running Smiley
faulknerm88
Grafter

Thanks Mand, PM sent. Smiley
To bring this back to something of a feedback thread, rather than a "Solve faulknerm88's problem" thread, bobboulby does raise a very good point. With the increase in streaming services, and data hungry online gaming, 60GB really isn't enough for a top package anymore.
Are there any plans for Plusnet to offer a higher allowance package for consumers in general, without having to rely in the ingenuity of the forum staff to get access to a suitable package?
Would there be much demand for such a package, if it was offered?

Cheers,
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: faulknerm88
Would there be much demand for such a package, if it was offered?

Well I’d certainly be interested, (assuming the price is right). Also I wonder how many potential new customers are discounting PlusNet as they require more than 60GB.
Bob
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Very few I would think. It's only a small percentage of users who download large amounts.
I suspect the bigger problem is those who don't have a clue about how much they use. I wonder if struggling to choose between 10GB and 60GB they go elsewhere?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)