cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

A 30GB product priced accordingly would suit me better and if offered, would give potential customers a better choice.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?

When I first moved to Extra I went mad and downloaded a number of iPlayer programmes I didn't end up watching - even then I peaked at 36GB.
Since then it's been around 20GB so a 30GB product would suit me fine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobboulby
Grafter

Well I think we're a fairly typical family, 2 adults and 2 teenage children. The kids are in to gaming and YouTube and we find ourselves using the catch-up services for more and more of our TV viewing. 60GB just isn't enough any more.
Bob.
faulknerm88
Grafter

Completely agree with the TV Catch-Up streaming - that's exactly what it is for me.
For my partner, it tends to be Gaming and acquiring- recently downloading DCUO ate into over a quarter of our monthly usage in a single day.

Cheers,
Marc
bobboulby
Grafter

Yes, my son downloaded that one as well, 17GB for the PS3. Fortunately he asked me first and we did it before 8:00  Smiley
Any comments from PlusNet, hopefully our suggestion will not fall on deaf ears?
Bob.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
We don't have any plans to change our packages but we do have a product refresh in April so I'm not sure if there's something in that which may help.
Jojo Smiley
bobboulby
Grafter

Thanks Jojo but what's the difference between a changed package and a product refresh? Could a product refresh include increased allowances?
Bob.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I doubt if a 30GB product would be introduced as the customers on the 60GB product probably contribute to the bulk of the profits.
If I paid npower annually up front for 10 megawatt of electricity and used only 3.3 megawatt per year, as I do, I'm sure they would be happy.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
faulknerm88
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Just wanted to check whether you'd received my PM ok?
I didn't see any missed calls from you yesterday, so hope that you didn't get mis-routed to one of my colleagues or anything like that?
As I do tend to be quite difficult to get hold of on the phone - one of the joys of my job unfortunately - is it at all possible for us to set up the business account by email/ticket? I have no issue with sharing the required details with you in this way...
If not, do you have a number I can reach you on at all please?

Cheers,
Marc
faulknerm88
Grafter

Any update please Mand?
Sorry to pester you, however I'm keen to get this all set up as soon as possible, and I'm conscious that the end of another working day is gradually creeping up.
Cheers,
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I haven't actually been in the office today. I did leave a message on the number you gave me yesterday though.
We can proceed online if you can send me a PM with the username you'd like and the broadband product choice. I'll then need you to confirm on a ticket once we've got the other account up and running for t+c's reasons.
faulknerm88
Grafter

Apologies for disturbing you on your day off!  Embarrassed
Have sent the relevant details over by PM, naturally it can wait until you're back in the office though. Smiley
Not sure what happened to your message, I guess our wonderful phone system in work has eaten it or something!  Grin

Thanks again for your help,
Marc
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I suspect the bigger problem is those who don't have a clue about how much they use. I wonder if struggling to choose between 10GB and 60GB they go elsewhere?

The usual marketing mantra is that offering a customer a choice can mean that they make no decision: try to give them a single thing to do! I'm convinced there is a better experience available to new customers if Plusnet sold it as "we'll help you work out what bandwidth you need".
While the choice between 10 and 60GB seems hard, I suspect that more people pass them by because they have no clue as to whether 60GB is too low, and so just stick to a "no thinking required" unlimited account with the competition.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As I understand it most ISPs tell their customers how much they're using. However Orange didn't so I'd installed a monitor on my computer - and thus knew when I was getting close to my 2GB cap.
When I came here I deliberately chose a no-contract option because I'm thinking of upgrading to Internet TV and haven't a clue how much usage that might entail.
Despite what's suggested elsewhere, there do seem to be quite a few companies still offering an unlimited service.
James
Grafter

When I had service with O2, they certainly didn't tell me how much I had used.