cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At the end of my tether with Plusnet...

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: At the end of my tether with Plusnet...

i had something similar and the problem was with the cab to be fair.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
lynne07
Dabbler

Quote from: Matthew
We'll have to look at booking another engineer most likely.
I'm getting our Faults team to check.

Hi Matthew,
I received a text on Friday afternoon from your team advising me that another engineer visit would be required. I was asked to reply with a suitable timeslot which I did. However, I still have not received any confirmation of a new appointment date. Can you follow up on this for me as soon as possible?
Thanks.
lynne07
Dabbler

Plusnet - Is there anyone there?
On Friday you promised me an engineer's appointment which I never received. I called in yesterday to request an update. The CS representative on the call was very sympathetic, but wasn't able to get an appointment set up then either. It is now lunchtime on Monday and still no confirmation of any appointment...
At this stage, I really want don't any more of your sympathy or apologies. I just want this issue resolved  Angry
lynne07
Dabbler

By the way, I should also mention that I took the original PN router that the BTOR engineer deemed to be faulty from his first visit and plugged it into a relative's (also a PN customer) BTOR modem at their home, entered my own PN username and password on the router and everything worked fine. I was able to connect and access the internet without any issues.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
I re-raised the fault earlier for you this afternoon. Will get back to you in terms of an engineer date soon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
lynne07
Dabbler

Matty,
Any idea when I will receive that appointment date? I was promised one on Friday and it's now Monday night. Seriously, how long does it take just to book the engineer visit?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've booked it for the earliest available slot, Thurs AM. Sorry for the delays, I did try and book tomorrow but that wasn't available.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

By the way, I should also mention that I took the original PN router that the BTOR engineer deemed to be faulty from his first visit and plugged it into a relative's (also a PN customer) BTOR modem at their home, entered my own PN username and password on the router and everything worked fine. I was able to connect and access the internet without any issues.
Well at least that proves what we all knew, that the router is not the problem Roll_eyes It also seems to confirm that it's not an authentication problem at the PlusNet end, rather its a BTOR/BTw problem. Let's hope the engineer doesn't just say 'it's in synch - PlusNets problem' this time... 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lynne07
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
I've booked it for the earliest available slot, Thurs AM. Sorry for the delays, I did try and book tomorrow but that wasn't available.

Chris - Yes, I received confirmation this morning. Thank you.
lynne07
Dabbler

Quote from: MisterW
Well at least that proves what we all knew, that the router is not the problem Roll_eyes It also seems to confirm that it's not an authentication problem at the PlusNet end, rather its a BTOR/BTw problem. Let's hope the engineer doesn't just say 'it's in synch - PlusNets problem' this time...   

Right - BTOR haven't exactly covered themselves in glory trying to resolve this issue either!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Plusnet’s head of marketing Sarah Pepworth said: “We pride ourselves on being able to offer low cost broadband without having to compromise on service, and we are delighted to have a new campaign that gets this message across in a fun and memorable way.

It seems that as good as PlusNET can be, they cannot be seen to be better than the worst part of their service delivery; that is the performance of their suppliers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

I've just spoken to COT, 5 minute wait wasn't the end of the world, certainly better than the 49 minutes waiting when my line was provisioned on a cut pair....
Spoke to a lovely girl, who was understanding when I said that the increase made the 2.5mb ADSL line not worth keeping when I can get a 50mb cable connection at a standard price of £28...
She then proceeded to ask if it was OK to cease the line immediately in order to save us the most money, and after doing so delighted myself with the news that I was owed money...
It is very unfortunate that Plusnet continue to suck in other areas or departments...  I suppose that's just how it is though.