Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD SERVICE! What a start! Really upset with the Service

syedatique

Re: BAD SERVICE! What a start! Really upset with the Service

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
syedatique,
Jojo has updated your ticket with what the engineer reported back to us with.
Whether charges apply or not depends on what happened. Whilst I cannot openly mention on here what has been mentioned on the ticket can you confirm if that did happen or not?
Adam.

Dear Adam,
Thanks for your response. I am glad that someone is still keeping the door open. What Jojo mentioned in email about the engineer report, is a part of the story. He was knocking the door with rush, I just asked him/her to have patience while I could find the key (my little baby always move things from here to there, sometime my wife as well!). Believe me, when i opened the door after a while, he/she had already left. I immediately dressed up my baby boy, and rushed to outside, but missed the Van as well.
I understand that i couldn't prove my statement, neither could engineer. I am not taking this matter to court. I accept that I have no choice but to pay £50, no choice but to accept whatever service I may receive from you. It's just that I am hurt, and disappointed. I am a well organised person; I planned the schedule so that I didn't have to be without phone/net for a single day. Anyway, to err is human. May be at this occasion, it's mine, or it's their.
Thanks for your support. I hope I will have a good service from you.
Syed Atique 
Steve
Seasoned Pro

So open reach was at the door but you were so organised you couldn't let him in because you couldn't find your key to let him In, How long do you expect him to stand at the door? If you took this to court you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Steve
How long do you expect him to stand at the door?

That is a good and serious question, and if it went to court a judge would no doubt express a view on what was "reasonable in the circumstances".
For example, I suggested in an earlier post that 15 minutes was reasonable period to keep trying to get an answer.
BUT if the engineer is actually aware that someone is there, and trying to let them in, then one would expect them to wait longer.
How long is an appointment scheduled for, e.g. a hour? I would potentially expect them to wait for the whole of that time. After all this is clearly an unusual situation and people have to behave with flexibility and commonsense.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If he knew to wait as the home-owner couldn't find the house key to let him In then yes he should have waited the whole period, I find It hard to believe that the open reach engineer knew the situation but still just left, But that's just my opinion and It doesn't matter to anyone barr myself, But what If you had a house fire? how would you get out your home If you couldn't find the key and had locked yourself In and lived at the top of some multi-storey building.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Devonian
Grafter

I can honestly say, that being a delivery driver (nights Im a trunk driver, days Im a multi drop driver) I have heard all these excuses before, and 9 times out of 10 it is a load of rubbish just trying to blag one thing or another.
2 or 3 minutes banging on a door is plenty long enough.  It doesn't sound much, but you stand outside your own door and knock on it for 3 minutes, you'll see how long it is really!
As for not being able to open the door, I'd give 10 minutes max, then Id be off to!
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Devonian
I can honestly say, that being a delivery driver

Different scenario though. Wink
You'd leave a card and the item would be collected or redelivered. Standard, well-documented process.
Here we seem to be talking about a significant invoice  Crazy
Devonian
Grafter

Not really that different though.
It all includes somebody physically knocking on your door and not getting an answer for whatever reason.
I know what your saying HPsauce... and I do love hp sauce by the way...  Cheesy  I've left cards at houses, just for them to ring the depot, say they had been in all day, I had just driven past the house, or not turned up, or simply there was no card left etc, just because they think they will get their parcel quicker, or even get the postage refunded....
My point is some people will say anything to get their way!

With regards to OpenReach, I twice had no shows from them, but never did they say I wasen't in, or they couldn't get in, they always blamed the job before over running... its to easy to prove they haden't been to the property after all!
All you need to do is ask for a description of the house, after all, why on earth would anybody simply drive past the address, when the likely hood is they drove miles to get there in the first place, and you or me not being in is just as a big an inconvienience to them as it is us!!
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Devonian
its to easy to prove they haden't been to the property after all!

That, however, doesn't seem to be the situation here.  Wink
It would be interesting to know what really happened and/or the resolution. It's certainly an unusual event.
Going back to your analogy the processes around delivery of goods and the penalties involved are fairly well known and generally accepted as "reasonably fair". Yes they can go wrong and disputes can arise but you hear of very few that don't get resolved sensibly. The same does not appear to apply to BT Openreach.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: syedatique
Hi,
I had a phone line + broadband install scheduled for today between 8-1pm, which did not happen! Waited whole morning!!
Got an email from plusnet that engineer (!) could not get access to my property, while i was at home!

Thanks.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  personal details removed ]

I had a similar problem with a delivery company a while back.
But I have CCTV at my property and was able to show no such delivery attempt had been made.
My town is a bit out of the way, and presumably the driver didn't want to travel here, and expected me to go to his depot to collect items.
Devonian
Grafter

When people say they couldnt gain access to a property, it doesnt always mean they couldnt get through the garden gate.
You have to remember OpenReach, delivery drivers in general, can travel miles and miles to reach you, maybe there was a car crash a mile up the road and they couldnt get past, and the diversion route was to far to make it feasable to do, because other customers may then be let down after you.
There are numerous reasons people cant gain access to your property, after all you could see the chap on your cctv, he would have said you wernt home surely, and not that he couldn't get to your address?
This is straying from the OP some what, but my point is, not everything is as simple as you would like to think.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
I am locking this thread as it has gone way off topic and appears to be going no-where fast.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine